vancouver Wa
dang, i think this is going to keep me out of the show N shine LOL

thanks pete!

i'll still be there, but definitly not expecting to win even 3rd place LOL

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
James I dont expect to win anything...Im just hoping to stand out a little and for people to recognize the hard work alittle. Thats all I can hope for.

Today I had planned to head to Oly to help Speed with his body work, but he had some car trouble in the 'rents sable so we put it off another day or two. So, instead I worked on a couple minor details. Firs thing was fixing up my sad deflated arm rest.

DSCF2279.JPG

DSCF2280.JPG

I would have liked to get new fabric but the stuff that was on there was still serviceable for now. Again, where ever possible, Im using the original stuff just cleaned up best I can. I used some foam I had laying around and made it kind of overstuffed. Its really quite comfy to lean on now.

DSCF2281.JPG

DSCF2282.JPG

I also managed to make some fabric covers for my infinity's. Nothing super special, but they blend into the panel better than they did being bright silver.

DSCF2286.JPG

That was all I managed to get done today.

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
Looking better with every update.

Ween you cleaned your carpet, what did you do about the jute? Did you replace it or let it dry out? Or is it seperate from the carpet?

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
From now on instead of saying "great job!" ,"excellent work" or "dude, you're the man!", I'm going to start using a thesaurus to come up with better words to describe the prodigious work that Pete is doing. With that said, the stupendous work that he is doing is well deserving of a proper vocabulary. So Pete, continue to exacerbate our jealousy with your fine attention to detail.

Cordially yours,
Kenneth

P.S. I've done my best to use proper grammar and sentence structure. Nothing but the finest for you!

:biglaugh:

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
LOL, you guys crack me up! You dont have to say anything really. This is as much a chronological record for me as anything. Still, its nice to have you guys appreciate the hard work.

Kckazdude;1088190 said:
...what did you do about the jute? Did you replace it or let it dry out? Or is it seperate from the carpet?

The jute backing is indeed glued to the back of the carpet, although a layer of it stayed on the floor when I pulled it out. The carpet is plastic backed so even when soaked not much gets through to the jute. I tried to keep it as dry as possible and then I let everything dry completely outside a full day and a half in the sun. I would have just replaced it, but I felt it was salvagable.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Kckazdude;1088190 said:
Looking better with every update.

Ween you cleaned your carpet, what did you do about the jute? Did you replace it or let it dry out? Or is it seperate from the carpet?

Jou never explained what a jute is! Wait........is Jou even a word? Ken, can I borrow that thesaurus?

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Jute is the spun cotton padding/insulation under the carpet. Its hard not to tear up when pulling the carpet, and once it gets wet it gets kinda messy.

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
ForcedTorque;1088367 said:
Jou never explained what a jute is! Wait........is Jou even a word? Ken, can I borrow that thesaurus?

Din'tcha know wha jute is?!?

Describing jute as messy when wet is quite the understatement. And if a pet was ever around the carpet........

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Kckazdude;1088419 said:
And if a pet was ever around the carpet........

Ohh god I have nightmares about leaving my windows open and having a male cat come and "spray" on my carpets. I had that heepen in my 73 celica and ended up just getting all new carpet in the end.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
*not supra related content*

[rant]
Im so fucking pissed off right now that Im going to self impose a 7 day ban. I seriously need to take a break from SM right now before I lose sight of what its all about and write EVERYONE off as assholes. I swear between the political nutjobs, the kids, and the just plain infuriating fuckwads I seem to have to have the displeasure of dealing with on this site, I am wondering why I bother coming here everyday.

I dont want to say something I will regret, but I will say that a few people I HAD respect for have lost it. There are a couple people on this site that I considered to be somewhat friends that I really want to just tell to go fuck themselves right now. So instead of doing that Im going to do as all good pacifists should do, Im going to turn the other cheek and walk away.

Supramania is about cars. Im going to take a week off to see if I can remember that.
[/rant]

PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS POST IN THIS THREAD!

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
So.

How about that rain today?

o_O

Maybe if I feel extra non-fail, I'll wash the carpet in my car too. I vacuumed it for the first time (yes, first since last September) last weekend, and I think it has a chance at surviving. Weez is my inspiration!

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Using Duplicolor vinyl/fabric color I decided I was tired enough of the faded gray interior that had turned blue to bother doing something about it. My interior was already in great condition as far as wear goes, but fading was a problem.
I used medium gray which turned out to be a very good match for the stock gray, and did the inserts in black. Im EXTREMELY pleased with the results.
Here are some pics of the current state. I only have the door panel inserts left to do.

These pictures shows the colors before and after paint. The gray is subtle but the old seat is definately on the blue side
DSCF2321.JPG

DSCF2323.JPG

DSCF2307.JPG

DSCF2316.JPG

DSCF2317.JPG

DSCF2325.JPG

DSCF2308.JPG

DSCF2311.JPG

Im going to be painting my privacy shade as the one I got with the car was actually burgundy. I should have that finished tomorrow.