Facime's Mk2 build

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
My car is on stock springs that were heat treated and compressed. I'd say over 2" lowered overall.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Weekly update:

OK, well Im almost sure Ive made up my mind to convert Vivien to a 5MGTE. I still need to find a different DD first, but I love the way the 5M looks under the hood of a mk2, I wont have the budget for a swap anytime soon, and my connections in the mk3 world should make gathering parts for the conversion cheap and easy.

First on my list of performance mods for this car still stands as getting it lowered on good springs with bigger sway bars. Originally I planned to do coilovers but that runs into problems in the rear and from what I read a good set of springs should make a big difference anyway.

Big brake conversion was planned to follow that but Im still confused on this process as well and I wanted to do it conjunction with a 5lug swap. Ive been researching the 5-lug conversion and Im still pretty confused on the process and cant find a definitive parts list and proceedure for it. Im also not quite ready to shell out for new wheels and tires so this part of my plan is on hold for a while anyway.

I am seriously debating dying my seats as the light gray, while comfortable in the summer sun, shows dirt and grease WAY too much. My sister bought a little steam carpet cleaner and Im going to hit them with that first and see what I think, but once clean I am tentatively planning on completely disassembling them and then dying them dark gray. My fabric is all still in great shape with the exception of the one cig burn so recovering is completely unneccessary.

Thats it for now, Viv is running flawlessly right now, gonna try to keep it that way.

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
No coilovers available for the mk2 in the rear. I was planning on going Eibach ground Control coilovers in the front and ST 1" lowering springs in the back.

You can stealz my idea if you want, I won't have my car much longer anyway :)

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
Tanya;1078340 said:
You can stealz my idea if you want, I won't have my car much longer anyway :)

Tanya;1078553 said:
Everyone will find out eventually, but for now I'll be quiet :)

That is just outright mean to tease us with that type of information. Especially in a really good build thread.

theWeezL;1078294 said:
.....cheap and easy...........

Just what have you ever found on a Supra that was cheap and easy?

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
Shhh, this isn't MY thread and I have no right to hijack it in anyway, lol. :p

I'll let you guys know whats up eventually.

let's see some interior clean up now Weez!

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Well, Im trying to do whatever I can to stand out at least a little at PacNW. Im relying on detailing to showcase the car since I dont have anything real fancy to show off, just a stock 85 SDR. Im hoping these will help:

DSCF2246b.jpg

DSCF2247b.jpg

DSCF2248b.jpg

DSCF2249b.jpg

todays plan is to pull the upholstery and get it cleaned.

pimptrizkit

thread killer
Dec 22, 2005
vancouver Wa
i like how those turned out!

definitly not fun to polish stuff, but you do a good job at it!

hey if you need any help/ or parts, i still have alot of stuff.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Thanks for the compliments guys. I tried to clearcoat them with the same brand (Duplicolor High Performance Wheel Coating) paint and all it did was haze up on it. I ended up having to restrip the one I tried and decided I will leave the clear to a pro.

Last edited:

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Well you may be the mk2 King of Bling, but I am Mr Clean!

Carpets before:
DSCF2251.JPG

DSCF2252.JPG

DSCF2256.JPG

Seats taken apart prior to upholstery being washed.

DSCF2260.JPG

I cleaned and attempted to dye the seats. The synthetic material of the seats would not dye, but the center sections did take on some of the color. I was unhappy with the color of the sides but Im going to have to order some dye specially made for poly fabrics or cheat and get the fabric paint. For now at least they are clean.

DSCF2262.JPG

Carpets came out fantastic however. Im afraid to actuallywear my shoes in the car, lol.
DSCF2263.JPG

DSCF2264.JPG

DSCF2266.JPG

I also replaced the fabric on the front speaker grills. They had holes in them.
DSCF2269.JPG

Im not going to be able to do much more before PacNW but I am going to try to get the front bumper and header panel painted. That and some more underhood detailing and I will be ready for "Show n Shine"

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Tanya;1085925 said:
OMG you make me sick, LOL!!!
That is INSANE. Looks friggin awesome!!!

Haha! Thanks

Poodles;1085975 said:
I have to ask...
WHAT THE HELL DID YOU USE!?!!?!

Its gonna sound odd, but I used plain old laundry soap. I mixed it up in a pressure sprayer (seen in the first pic) then saturated the carpets with the sprayer and scrubbed by hand with a brush. Then I just hosed em off and scrubbed once more to make sure I got all the soap out. Then I hung them in the sun to dry.

For the seats I literally put the covers in the washing machine after pulling them off the frames.

Edit: ugh, just noticed I need new pedal pads...