Facime's Mk2 build

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
LMFAO! Nice Ian.

Maybe thats why I needed to clean my carpets? :naughty:

I played T1 for only a little while before T2 came out. I was recruited to play for a guild named Wookies of War. I always played heavy and specialized in base rape on offense and HOF or engineer on defence. I still have buddies who play daily. In fact, the guy that I moved in with in Houston was in fact a tribes buddy I had never met in person until I moved there, lol. That turned out SO well :nono:

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
If there is all I can say is
20070515-003430.jpg

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
DSCF2334.JPG

DSCF2335.JPG

DSCF2336.JPG

DSCF2337.JPG

discuss!
Dont remember what I got it out of, might have been a new corolla? Took maybe an hour to fab into place. I dont think it will handle supersize drinks but it handles a can and small water bottles fine.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
IJ.;1115101 said:
Makes much more sense than the Mk3 joke....ummm I mean cup holder!
(I have the same pioneer) :)

yes, although Im going to try to find one for the armrest cubby like the mk3 as well. Im thinking maybe one that folds out forward like the one in my dads LeSabre.

SilverSupraT;1115102 said:
very very nice, I like it a lot. Even though I don't like when the cupholder is buy the radio or CC controls... I understand why you went that route and it looks really good.

yes, there arent many choices for where to put a cupholder in the mk2 and as I said, I plan to put one in the armrest as well. The only other place I seriously considered putting one is on the left side of the wheel on the dash (where the stock speaker is), but in terms of ease, the one I used was simple and effective.

With my freshly painted seats I really didnt want to hold drinks in my crotch anymore :nono:

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
A few weeks ago Tim changed out his steering wheel for an aftermarket one, and gave me his old one. The wrap was trashed but otherwise in good shape. Last week I stopped by the upholstery shop and picked up a scrap of leather big enough to recover the wheel and do my shift boot as well. After fiddle farting around trying to get my sewing machine to actually like the heavy upholstery thread I got, I finally got it to sew the leather.

So, last night I started with the shift boot and that went surprisingly well. I installed it today but forgot to take a pic while it was still light out. I'll get one tomorrow, but I wanted to show off how the steering wheel came out. It took me a bit longer than the last one I did (for my jeep) because that one was precut and didnt cover the spokes like the factory supra one does.

I also used a new stitch I learned that made for real nice tight wrap. I put a thin rubber pad under the leather and it feels fantastic. I will install it tomorrow, but here are some pics tonight.

DSCF2338.JPG

DSCF2339.JPG

DSCF2340.JPG

DSCF2342.JPG

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
no Scott, I fold the cover in half, and prepunch all the holes with an awl. That ensures that the holes will be exactly opposite of each other and each side will have an equal number. Then I stretch the cover of the wheel, and lace it on. My new stitch makes an X pattern instead of the V pattern of last time.

and thanks Tim, you cant have it back ;)