Facime's Mk2 build

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Also have been working on finishing the detail of my motor. Here are the results.

before
DSCF2287.JPG

after
DSCF2290.JPG

DSCF2299.JPG

DSCF2302.JPG

DSCF2303.JPG

DSCF2294.JPG

DSCF2297.JPG

Im pretty much done under the hood for PacNW and the interior just needs a few details. After that I will struggling to find stuff to fill out the next two weeks.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
I have to ask...

WTF is with that children's book, and do you have more info on it? I showed the pic to a couple friends and they don't think it's real...

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
lol, I got the picture from the SF funny pictures thread. It made me giggle cause Im of course known as Uncle Pete to my nieces. I thought it was disturbing and funny.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Thanks for the positive comments guys!

I have a few secrets that Ive developed over the years from trial and error. Ive begun passing some of those secrets on to Tim (Speed). They arent so much secrets as tips I guess though and Im happy to share them with anyone who asks.

For the engine detailing the only real tip is Meguires cleaner wax, triple aught steel wool and time. Process is pretty simple: Take everything off, clean it, clean the place where it goes, then reassemble. lol, wish I could share some magic bullet that makes the process easier but there isnt one.

Most things get an initial cleaning with a degreaser. I like Purple Lightning or Simple Green MAX. I have a variety of brushes from toothbrushes to toilet brushes that help me get to hard to reach places.

For rubber items like hoses and trim I do have a secret weapon. Its called "blanket wash" and its a product used in the printing industry. Its used to clean ink off the rubber blankets on printing presses and it will pull just about ANY contaminant out and leave you near virgin rubber. Your hoses will look brand new. Blanket wash can be found at printing supply stores and some wholesale paper houses. Look for "offset lithography supply" or just "printing supplies" in your yellow pages to find it.

For painted surfaces I use the cleaner wax. If the paint i really bad or has overspray or other serious build up, I use the cleaner wax on the triple aught (000) steel wool.

Thats today detail tips. Now get out there and do some cleaning!

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
theWeezL;1099116 said:
Thats today detail tips. Now get out there and do some cleaning!

Not today.........Heat index is at 110 degrees! You can't even walk out to the car without sweating. Saturday, I'm planning on doing rear brakes and swapping coil packs. I'll do some sweating then. Thanks for the tips, I will definitely be hunting down some of those supplies.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Well Im now the artist formerly known as theWeezL. A little backstory on that. Years ago when I was doing ALOT of online gaming I took on the tag of DrunKnWeezL. I was actually ranked in the top 10 players of the "siege" form of the game Tribes2, but thats a long time ago. Anyway, at some point I decided to quit drinking for various reason and a short time after that I shortened my tag to theWeezL to reflect my sobriety. I have used that username for a while now but to be honest I never really liked it and it kind of has negative connotation outside the gaming world.

Long before I was a gamer and about the same time I met my wife I had taken a Latin class and had tried to come up with a name based in Latin. Looking for a translation for "fuck me" the closest I could come up with was Faci (Fah key) = "to make", and me (may) = "me". Facime (fah KEY may) was born. I have used that name online for various other things like messenger and such so I decided to return to my previous identity and use that name here.

So thats the backstory on the name change.

Last edited:

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Its a mk2 thing, that is our lumbar pump. You pump the bladder up and then bleed off air via one of the 3 valves on the side of the seat to fine tune it. One of the great things about the mk2 seats is that they have all the comfort and adjustability of the mk3 seats without all the weight added by the motors and actuators.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Damn, you played Tribes 2?

Still got it installed and play from time to time. There is a new game that's free to play that's made on the same engine if you're interested...

speed

Gone. Email me.
May 27, 2006
not here
www.timduganphotography.com
IJ.;1100835 said:
It's one of these ;)
enlarge-penis-pump.JPG

Notice the size of the red ring that matches Pete's car :aigo:
Oooohhhhhh snap!

Poodles;1100833 said:
Damn, you played Tribes 2?

Still got it installed and play from time to time. There is a new game that's free to play that's made on the same engine if you're interested...

Man, I loved playing tribes! I had a friend who was a developer for Sierra, and who was on the Dev team for Tribes, I have the boxes for both games signed by all the developers. Its my geek pride.