Facime's Mk2 build

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Tanya;1072728 said:
Pretty!

Now get that thing a header/intake. Rusty manifolds FTL

nope, not spending a penny on upgrade parts for the 5M. It would be wasted money when I go to do my swap. I dont mind cleaning and painting stuff, but Im trying REAL hard to resist the temptation to put any real money into the motor until I decide what Im going to do in the long run.

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
Ah, thought I read you were going to keep it n/a or something. Is all good and understandable.

Of course, you can paint that manifold black or aluminum or whatever :)

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Tanya;1072808 said:
Ah, thought I read you were going to keep it n/a or something. Is all good and understandable.

Of course, you can paint that manifold black or aluminum or whatever :)

yep keeping it NA...UNTIL it becomes toy status. Im looking for an 85 Celica GT-S to become my new DD. Once I have a good solid 22RE DD then Viv will get a turbo of some description. My current thinking is I want to go 6MGTE with a custom FFIM. That would keep it sorta looking like a mk2 under the hood, just modified. But I am also considering a 1UZ with ITB's :naughty:. I just kinda want to be different than the typical 7M/JZ swaps.

as for the exhaust manifold I would have pulled it off and painted it already, but one of the bolts on the collector is frozen and I kinda just gave up. Im probably going to have to pull the manifold with the collector and cut the stud off, and redrill/retap. I did paint the heat shields though.

I was kinda just doing "busy work" 'cause Ive run out of actual things to repair at the moment. This is a good thing for a DD. I really couldnt ask for more right now.

gtsfirefighter;1072824 said:
Pete, if I win the lottery I'm going to put you on permanent retainer. Your work is awesome!

Ya know, I would love to be a kept man in exchange for auto work. If I could find some rich woman with a passion for old cars I would be in heaven. Spend all day restoring stuff in exchange for room/board? I would do it.

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
Black manifold w/ aluminum heat shields? Ka Ching!

Do a twin charged 6M w/ nitrous. :D
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Know what works good on cast iron manifolds?

Graphite spray lubricant. After the solution burns off, all that's left is the graphite leaving it black and clean. You can't really handle it after that, but touchups are easy...

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
I dont know if its the heat today but Im feeling kinda pissy. I dont really have anything nice to say to anyone. I drove across town to pick up some degreaser and forgot my wallet, had to go all the way back :nono:

But on the way I ran into this:

DSCF2233.JPG

DSCF2235.JPG

DSCF2236.JPG

This made me smile! When I was 16 and looking for my first car I was down to choosing between a 67 Chevelle and a 70 'Cuda. The Cuda had a bad clutch and I wasnt much of a mechanic at the time so I went with the Chevelle. Not exactly something I regret, but I often think about that 'Cuda and what it would have been like to have owned.

This also means we are one step closer to seeing the new Camaro on the road! A car I am very anxious to see in person.

MkIII_Jeff

squirelly wrath!
Mar 2, 2008
Roseville, CA
I remember when they had the first concept cars for this in all the car mags. It looked a lot more like the old car than this does. I was more excited for that car than this one.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
From the back of the door back, epic failure occurred. Not a bad looking car, but it could easily have been a lot more if they stayed closer to the concept.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
theWeezL;1073707 said:
But on the way I ran into this:

DSCF2233.JPG

DSCF2235.JPG

DSCF2236.JPG

You must have hit it on the driver's side, cause what I see is beautiful! LOL

I feel for you on the wallet thing. The other day when I finally got my car running again, I took it straight to the gas station, because it showed NO gas. I went to get my debit card out, and realized I was wearing work clothes, and didn't have my wallet or cash in them. So, I headed home to get them, and ran out of gas on the way.

We are also one step closer to the new Skyline, and soon after, the new Supra as well. Isn't the Supra officially coming out in 2009. New Toyotas will be floing in very soon, but I doubt it's gonna be here right away.

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
I saw the new Skyline in person the other day at a local festival. DAMN it's hot. Still don't like the front end all that much, but it just oozes sex otherwise.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
The new GTR and the Challenger (and most new cars period) have a high wasteline that makes them look too tall.

The GTR masks this a bit with the lower rockerpanels being black, but the Challenger doesn't.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
gonna have to go on record here and say the skyline does absolutely nothing for me.

went out to take a picture of my new minty engine undercover...and my batteries were dead in the camera...perfect end to a perfect day.