ebay recirculated DDP - fitment and specs?

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
wasif said:
It does not fit, the mesh flex section hits the body, could not get top bolts on, looks like it is bent too much at the bottom, the seller did recomend to go to local welder to fix, bend or refund, also said will discount the price, like every one said it looks really good, fitting is another story. I think it needs to bend 2 inches down before the mesh. Will let you guys know as soon as I get it bent. :)

wait who is wasif?

the problems for the downpipe replaceing the turbo elbow is always going to have the install problem (and uninstall problem! took me an hour to get that damn bolt off with the engine OUT of the car...)... i would honestly have liked to use stock elbow but for some reason i bought the tms DP .... oh well.

Supra469

Apr 20, 2007
Maryland
dugums said:
Very close, should be by the weekend! I have everything back together except the exhaust. I am waiting for my new cat and Tanabe catback.

Cool. Which cat & which model Tanaabe are you getting??

I need a new high flow cat & a Tanabe SMH setup also.

Looks like there's some fitment issues with others now??

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Supra469 said:
Cool. Which cat & which model Tanaabe are you getting??

I need a new high flow cat & a Tanabe SMH setup also.

Looks like there's some fitment issues with others now??

Tanabe Super Hyper Medalion exhaust with a 3" high flow cat.

I'll have to see if I have any fit issues with the DP. I did put the exhaust manifold, turbo, and DP on briefly, just to see where I could fit another wideband bung - there didn't seem to be any problems. Mine was VERY close to the transmission, so I am going to use the bracket off of the stock downpipe to hold it and push it away slightly.

Hopefully I don't experience the same thing as the other guy when I try to fully install it, but I don't think I will. The only thing holding me back right now is that my machine shop damaged one of the exhaust studs (I got the kit from driftmotion). I'm just waiting for a new one from Aaron since he is sending me a bunch of other stuff as well. I don't want to try to get the stud in after the manifold is on because the manifold is coated and there are very tight clearances between the stud and lower manifold holes. I had to drill the gasket holes out a tad as well.

89turbosupra

Jun 10, 2006
oxnard
I bought one of these off of suprarich a few weeks ago and it fit perfect. I used to have the BIC DDP but I cant compare it because that was with a stock ct and now I have a 57 trim. It sure does pull harder on 8psi with the 57 then it did at 13 with the stock ct though.

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
89turbosupra said:
I bought one of these off of suprarich a few weeks ago and it fit perfect. I used to have the BIC DDP but I cant compare it because that was with a stock ct and now I have a 57 trim. It sure does pull harder on 8psi with the 57 then it did at 13 with the stock ct though.

I'm glad to hear it's working well! I just got a 57 trim as well!

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Supra469 said:
Good. So fitment and install very soon, I hope? :biglaugh:

I just got the catalytic converter -- everything fits perfectly!

I won't have it running for a few more days, but as far as bolting up to the turbo and routing to the cat properly - no problems...

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Wills7MGTE said:
Why recirculate, LMAO

Well, I daily drive mine and a full divorced downpipe was too loud for my tastes. The recirculated has a small advantage over a standard 3" dp with integrated elbow in that it is larger at the top (3" + the wastegate tube) and introduces the turbulent WG exhaust further downstream. That means the exhaust should flow a bit better.

I also have emissions to comply with, so even if I wanted to deal with a full divorced setup, I wouldn't be able to.

Good enough reason for me, but I'm still glad it amused you:sarcasm:

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
fstlane88 said:
Sucks that right when I'm ready to buy and need it, there is not any listed.

Wait a day, you'll see one...

935 probably has one for pretty close to ebay price after shipping is taken into consideration. I think suprarich also has them sometimes, you could pm him...

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Supra469 said:
Was thinking the same thing also.. :biglaugh:

I actually finally got the turbo mounted today.

The tongue of the DP (part that keeps wg and main exhaust separate) was hitting the inside of the turbo exhaust housing slightly. Keep in mind that both my exhaust housing and manifold were coated, so I probably have a little tighter clearance than most.

I shaved the coating off of the edges of the tongue and it bolted up perfectly. The bottom-inner bolt is not on yet - this seems to be a big PITA on most of the elbow-integrated DP's. There isn't much clearance for for a bolt, let alone a wrench. I'm going to try and get creative and see what I can come up with.

Other than that, it bolted up and fit perfectly. I was able to use the transmission-mounted bracket and a 3" coupler to hold the DP just like stock. there seems to be plenty of room for everything. It was in just the right position to bolt up to the highflow cat Aaron@DM made me.

I only have to fab the IC piping, mount the bumper, plug in some connectors, and figure out the vacuum hoses before I start it up. Hopefully this weekend.

But this should confirm that there are no problems with routing or mounting.