Doward's 375rwhp Build.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Well, the GB on the pistons will be 2 weeks, then 4-6 weeks for the actual building of the pistons... another 2 weeks (proposed) in the machine shop, then 2 weeks of me putting it all back together and dropping her into the shell again....

I'd say middle/end of September, would be my most realistic ETA. The pistons are all that are holding me up currently ;)

Now, I plan on having everything done, so that when the machine shop gives me the block back, I check all the clearances, assemble, and drop her in. My valve covers will be ready to go in, my TEC-2 will already have a wiring harness built, etc etc.

ma70torres

Too Boost and Beyond!!!
Dec 3, 2006
Lynwood, CA
Sweet!!! Now with all the time and effort your putting in, you only want to put down 375?? From the looks of it your mods are going to put you in the four hundred range. So is 375 what your looking at as a base number? I apologize if i sound skeptical. Just your waiting on custom piston for god sake. Come on??

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
If I put down an honest 375rwhp, I will be pleased. Granted, I expect to do that at like 10-12psi on this turbo, until I get the break in complete ;)

Yep, waiting on the Probe Industries forged hotness!

ma70torres

Too Boost and Beyond!!!
Dec 3, 2006
Lynwood, CA
Well, good to go!! I can't wait to see your supra running. Are you going to post any video?? I'm putting my supra back together also. I should be done by the end of july... I hope...

Nothing Crazy like probe hotness!!! just stock pistons, New 440's, hks 1.2mm head gasket, freshly rebuilt stock turbo, megan down pipe, 3 inch test pipe, old hks dragger exhaust, old school first gen hks evc boost controller, and a lead foot...

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
If you're going to rebuild, you may as well put a set of high quality forged pistons in!

Think about it this way... you can always change the exhaust, or change the turbo, or change the fueling, after the engine is in the car. Can you change the pistons after the engine is in the car, without pulling it back out? ;)

ma70torres

Too Boost and Beyond!!!
Dec 3, 2006
Lynwood, CA
Your right!! Well the pistons I bought are supposed to be better than stock. Take a gander at #180134717321 on eBay. Thats the set I purchased. I know, I know. I went about it the cheap way. I also understand that I'm going to pay for it when something goes wrong. Tell me what you think of the product. Oh! and there all ready in.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
LOL! I actually have a set of those pistons! I bought them off ebay, looked them over, and then asked myself if I honestly wanted to go through another time of not driving my Supra :)

That answer, resulted in the madness I'm going through currently ;)

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Well, I forgot to snag pictures, but the body harness is now bolted under the top side of the radiator support, instead of plastic-clipped.

Naturally, I forgot to grab pics. :) I'll be doing that tomorrow, as I continue my wiring spree ;)

ma70torres

Too Boost and Beyond!!!
Dec 3, 2006
Lynwood, CA
OK, so I'm not that bad off then.lol If you bought them then at some point in time you where ok with them. What do you think, Maybe 10psi no more? Hey is the egr really worth putting back on? What do you think.....

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
The stock ecu is calibrated to have the EGR, so yeah, I'd say so :)

That said, the ebay pistons are an OEM quality piston, imho. I'd run maybe 12-14 psi, but I wouldn't think of anything over that (without a standalone)

ma70torres

Too Boost and Beyond!!!
Dec 3, 2006
Lynwood, CA
I just read a bunch of threads about keeping/removing the Egr. I agree with your statement. The ecu will wigout!!!lol What are your thought on removing the Charcol canister? So far its just for looks.... Other fellow supra owners end up having to drill a hole in the gas cap.... I understand venting the pressure, but sounds like just a bunch of hassle.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
That's what I'm planning on doing ;) Sorry guys, I didn't get much of anything done yesterday :( Maybe I'll have more updates after I get out of the gym this afternoon ;)

ma70torres

Too Boost and Beyond!!!
Dec 3, 2006
Lynwood, CA

ma70torres

Too Boost and Beyond!!!
Dec 3, 2006
Lynwood, CA
Doward said:
DO NOT REMOVE THE CHARCOAL CANISTER.

I'm relocating mine, as it's in the way of the wastegate setup I have :)
Doward...

thanks for all the info. you've been a great help... If you plan on hitting up the SILV trip. We should Race...lol Just kidding!! I owe you one.:icon_bigg

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Never a problem! Just help out someone else if you get the chance to. Damn little of that going around the world these days ;)

Anywho, FINALLY A FREAKING PICTURE OF MY SLOW PROGRESS WITH THE WIRING.

passharness.JPG

Are these the only hookups that actually run above along the passanger side? The 3 hookups to the A/C, then 2 larger round plug ins?