Doward's 375rwhp Build.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
LOL @ Ian.

Brandon: I'll snap a pic tomorrow of it... lol, just getting to bed now @ 3:30a! Too many chicks over here :3d_frown:

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
That wicked deal on the 1J? It's going to be someone else's wicked deal. I just scored the deal of a lifetime on something else *secret*

That said, the 7M build continues!

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Yeah, Sears failed. Miserably. They had 2 in stock according to inventory, but the cage that ALL THE AIR TOOLS is held in, has had the key LOST. Nobody can get into the cage. I went to Ocala today, meaning to stop in there and get one, and spent all my time sandblasting parts to clean up for my upcoming SM 'garage sale'.

Heading to the U-Pull-It on Saturday to see about that '91 Cressida. Praying it has a 7M crankshaft in it, instead of a 6M :3d_frown:

BTW, spoke with Brian @ Tachyon Racing in Jacksonville, FL. Anybody done any work with these guys? Brian at least, seemed to know his stuff pretty well - also mentioned he's got 2 7Ms in right now, being rebuilt. I'm going to take a trip there to check out the facilities, but get this - THEY HAVE A FLOW BENCH IN HOUSE. Guess where my head work will be getting done? ;)

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
Doward said:
Yeah, Sears failed. Miserably. They had 2 in stock according to inventory, but the cage that ALL THE AIR TOOLS is held in, has had the key LOST. Nobody can get into the cage.

Bolt cutters work wonders on those things, I'm sure Sears had a set laying around that they could use to get into the cage. ;)

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Yeah, they refused. I asked them about that. Hell, the cage had enough play, that I could pull it up and out without much effort - but they wouldn't let me. :(

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
So I went to Lowes. Bought a 600ft/lbs Ingersoll Rand 1/2 Impact (biggest and baddest they had) - NOTHING. This bolt laughes and scoffs in my general direction. :3d_frown:

Gonna have to find someone that has the 1000ft/lbs IR impact :evil:

bwest

Drafting, not tailgating
May 18, 2005
HippieTown, CA
What I did was:
1. acquire the biggest chain wrench I could find.
2. longest breaker bar I had
3. added a 3ft cheater to each
4. wedged a piece of 2x4 between the crank and block (incase I slipped)
5. grabbed my strongest brother
6. cussed and pulled in opposite directions until it broke loose (might have heated the bolt, don't recall)

It completely chewed the pulley up - but I didn't really care as I had an ati waiting to go on.

good luck

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Brandon, if 1000 ft/lbs doesn't break it loose, I'm going to probably just... ah, who the hell knows. :3d_frown: What the hell is that bolt supposed to be torqued to, anyway?

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
LOL

Ok, so while I wait on the 1000 lbs/ft IR to get here, I went ahead and measured the head's thickness. 115.84mm - so the shopped sliced .16mm surfacing/flattening the head. We'll have to see how much the new shop needs to slice off the deck to surface/flatten it, as well as the 2nd go around on the head - then I get to decide which gasket I go with :)

Considering a stock 1.2mm gasket, I'm now requiring a 1.36mm gasket. After surfacing the block and head, I'll probably be looking at an 84mm Greddy 1.5mm MHG.

Koenigturbo

Oct 4, 2006
Oxnard CA
Doward said:
Yeah, they refused. I asked them about that. Hell, the cage had enough play, that I could pull it up and out without much effort - but they wouldn't let me. :(
I would have bought the bolt cutters and lock just to get the air gun

Koenigturbo

Oct 4, 2006
Oxnard CA
bwest said:
What I did was:
1. acquire the biggest chain wrench I could find.
2. longest breaker bar I had
3. added a 3ft cheater to each
4. wedged a piece of 2x4 between the crank and block (incase I slipped)
5. grabbed my strongest brother
6. cussed and pulled in opposite directions until it broke loose (might have heated the bolt, don't recall)

It completely chewed the pulley up - but I didn't really care as I had an ati waiting to go on.

good luck

I did the same thing you did wuth the chain vise grips,, it worked like a charm , each and every time, with out incident, except I used some rubber ( like a old bike tube) to wrap around the pully to give it more gripe and to protect the pully from getting "F"ed up