Doward's 375rwhp Build.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
hah - I've FINALLY got the time to concentrate completely on my Supra, until the 14th (when school starts again).

I damn well plan to make good use of the time :D

I hope to have the engine in Bryan's hands on Friday.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
I haven't driven the Supra in over a month :( I'm getting ready to sell the beater Honda, as I've purchased an '05 Colorado Sport now as my daily driver (20.7mpg so far - 80% City, 20% Highway - 5 banger 5 speed, lol)

Hell, I'll have her disassembled tomorrow, to see how it all looks!

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
So this smoke sucks. I can't freaking breath in it, so I got the tranny off, and the tq convertor off, and that's really it thus far :(

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Day 6:

onstand.JPG

Motor has all the intake/exhaust related crap out of it. Gave it a good hit with some degreaser and then a pressure washer.

Tomorrow, I'll pull the head off, pull the oil pan, and see how it's all looking inside!

*edit* Wow - the date on my camera is a bit off.... :3d_frown:

steven89

Jul 8, 2006
Houston, TX
nice, you're well on your way! I have a question though.. where are you doing all this? is it in a parking lot? in a street? what?

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
57 trim CT26 running 18psi, with supporting mods. I'm aiming for 375 @ the wheels ;)

Although, I may be putting my 3" stainless steel DDP (new), 57 trim CT26 (200 miles on it), and stock CT26 (unknown mileage, but extremely limited play, and no seal leakage) up for sale, and pick up an HKS long runner/true T4 turbo kit, instead.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Well, @ 18psi by my calculations, I should be close, depending on the drivetrain loss. Only a dyno will tell for certain, as I can't take into account the friction loss in the motor :D

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
You know what's bad? That is AFTER pressure washing... between the rear main seal, the power steering pump, and the busted valve cover, I had fluids EVERYWHERE! Gonna go yank the head now!

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
tqplate.JPG

I dunno, what do you mean? :D

hg.JPG

I need to determine if the #6 injector was running lean or not, before counting out the FelPro gasket. This was 16psi on a 57 trim.

motor2.JPG

Whoops... gotta clean that oil off... er, I'll replace this picture tomorrow :3d_frown:

But on to the new news!

I've got a wicked deal coming in 2 weeks on a 1JZ. To swap, or not to swap? ;) I'm thinking that I'm going to sell off all the extra parts I've got laying around, pick up this 1JZ, and see about a 2nd motor. If the 7M doesn't cut it, I'll swap to a JZ series instead.