Dok's E85 powered 2jzge-T build

Fletch124

2jz swapped!
Jul 17, 2005
Reno, Nevada
Good to see you got your car done! I like the videos!

How much boost? Im having problems with anything over 13-14psi. Starts shuddering kind of, hard to explain.

Thats a really nice set of upper ic hardpipes! Where you get them?

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
I'm running 15psi, any more and I hit fuel cut with the current setup. After the 880s I should be good for 20+ :) IC kit is from CX racing on ebay, it's a 7M kit and I just had to chop the 3000 pipe portion off.

Sounds like you might be getting some ignition breakup, check your coils, plug wires, cps etc. I had to gap my plugs to .022" to keep from getting breakup above 12psi or so.

Fletch124

2jz swapped!
Jul 17, 2005
Reno, Nevada
dok33;1232199 said:
I'm running 15psi, any more and I hit fuel cut with the current setup. After the 880s I should be good for 20+ :) IC kit is from CX racing on ebay, it's a 7M kit and I just had to chop the 3000 pipe portion off.

Sounds like you might be getting some ignition breakup, check your coils, plug wires, cps etc. I had to gap my plugs to .022" to keep from getting breakup above 12psi or so.

15psi sounds good, 15psi pulled pretty good with the MP T-70 on the 7m. Im looking to push about ~25psi. ;) Inspired to run that kind of boost because of Scott(Ckanderson)(28psi at 675rwhp) :)

Ill try regapping my plugs, there set at .32" now. Im running some used IS300 coils, there not strapped down though. Didnt bother since Scott(Ckanderson) is pushing 700hp without them secured down either.

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
Wohoo, finally found some o-rings to put on my 880s!! For anyone interested: http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1249425#post1249425

Gonna put some new plugs in tomorrow night and start puttin her back together if my new toy doesn't distract me too much...
n641003409_2040314_3277.jpg

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
Fletch124;1232753 said:
15psi sounds good, 15psi pulled pretty good with the MP T-70 on the 7m. Im looking to push about ~25psi. ;) Inspired to run that kind of boost because of Scott(Ckanderson)(28psi at 675rwhp) :)

Ill try regapping my plugs, there set at .32" now. Im running some used IS300 coils, there not strapped down though. Didnt bother since Scott(Ckanderson) is pushing 700hp without them secured down either.

Ckanderson is Chris ;)

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
Got it back together last night, forgot how much I missed driving a turbo car!

Still got something funky going on, it's still lean at ldle unless I crank the FP to about 45psi and/or add fuel with the SAFC. Shouldn't be the case with 880cc injectors so I'm wondering if I've got a leak somewhere in my IC piping. My BOV is recirc'd kinda janky, just have a 1"od hose shoved inside a 1"id hose so I'm wondering if I'm pulling in unmetered air making it leaner.

It's also leaner than I thought it would be at WOT, ~12:1 with no AFC correction, which is about where it was before with the 680s.

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
Did some more muckin around and got some of the issues resolved. I'm now limited by my WG spring, with the boost controller all the way up I can hit 18psi in 4th (which is hella-fun btw), AFRs are a solid 11.8-12:1.

Unfortunately I hit FC this morning when it was cooler out laying into it in 4th, so I'm not sure how much headroom I'm going to have. Need to find some threads on the Lex AFM adjustment screw, I remember something about adjusting that pushing FC up if you bypass more air or something...

XofXtimeX

Clean 2JZ
Feb 25, 2006
Arlington, TX
Look for the little circular cap on the bottom of the AFM, drill that thing out and back out the screw all the way so it's not protruding out into the air way any more. Dont take the screw all the way out though. :)

It's really simple just wait for the drill to feel like it went through the top cap and stop pushing down then and just wallow out the hole. Do that and you'll be golden.

I would love to feel your car at 18 PSI! I bet its a blast! MORE VIDEOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Okay fine you can put your bike in there if you wanna.

-Nick-

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
Sweet, I'll get on that as soon as I stop workin on this:

Pretty much done, all the crash damage is fixed, couple more parts on the way and she'll be better than new...

18psi is fun until I hit boost cut in 4th, although I'm pushin 100 by then so it's probably a good thing :) Plannin' on puttin a preload screw in the top of my WG too so I can run mo boost :D

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
Got the AFM drilled out, no more fuel cut wohoo! Unfortunately my 15psi WG spring isn't here yet so I'm maxed, hits 18psi in 4th ~16psi in 1-3rd. Hoping to get it in before 2k9!!

Also learned tonight that E/T Streets are fun and scary all at the same time. Even at 25psi they're squirmy as hell, but 1st gear is redonkulous with no wheelspin...

Pics:

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
17x9" cobra wheels with 26x11.50 E/T Streets.

Jon-c'mon by sometime and we'll warm 'em up :) Zac and I are headed to the track Wed night if you're interested. We're rollin out at 5 though, not sure if you'd be able to get off work early.

On a sidenote, I knew something would break before 2k9. Was on my way to work this AM and turned the defroster on, got some nice steamy sweet smelling air out of the vents...

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
Had a good shakedown night at the track, wasn't a good runnin night but I identified some more stuff to fix before 2k9 lol. Car threw a code 52 on the way down, I must have yoinked one of the knock sensor wires when I was bypassing the heater core last night.

I was able to make 3 passes by resetting the ECU before each one, CEL was back on as I made my way back down the return lane. Was still running pretty rich but not nearly as bad as after the CEL comes on (AFRs in the 10s). My cps also leaked about 1/2qt of oil, gotta get that sealed back up too...

60' time still sucks even with the E/T Streets, I couldn't tell if they were spinning or not, but I'm assuming they had to be.

Best run:
Reaction .37
60' 2.39
1/8ET 9.25
1/8MPH 83.35
1/4ET 13.82
1/4MPH 107.4

Another:
Reaction .16
60' 2.43
1/8ET 9.46
1/8MPH 80.39
1/4ET 14.1
1/4MPH 108.77

My buddy ran a best of 12.5 in his Vette, although I did beat him on the 14.1 E/T run :)

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I've got to get some more track time in mine before we head out to Texas. If I'm going to break something, I want it to be here at home and not 12 hours away.

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
Did a little bit of messin' over the weekend but I've been pretty sick. Lymph node on the right side of my neck is all swollen and sore, fun stuff...

Tested all of my knock sensor wiring, no shorts to ground, all the connections look ok. The only thing I noticed is the resistance from the signal to ground on both lines is ~3.2k. I would have thought it would be infinite, guess I'll try rewiring the suckers again. I'm starting to wonder if I've got the lines running too close to something hot that's causing the insulator to melt inside??

Hoping that'll fix it, I wanna be able to run at 2k9!!!

mobes

Supras are never 'done'
Apr 5, 2005
Bozeman, MT
Josh-

The resistances shouldn't be infinite. The knock sensors are actually just condenser microphones. I don't see a resistance spec in the TEWD but given that they both measure the same I think they're probably fine.

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
Well there goes my theory :) I'm honestly not sure what it could be then, tried 2 different ECUs with the same result, guess I can try swapping sensors. For such a simple circuit these things sure are a huge PITA...