Dok's E85 powered 2jzge-T build

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
So I'm still jacking around with base fuel pressure, been researching all afternoon and mine's gotta be too high, which may be causing some of the breakup. It looks like most people with Lex/550s are running 30-35psi with the vac line off, so with 680s and the Lex with E85 (30% more fuel needed) I shouldn't need to go much higher than that as I'm not that far off injector size to make things equal again.

I'm going to try setting it at 35psi at idle w/vac line off and resetting the ECU tonight to see what that does. With it at like 50psi base w/the line off my AFRs are like 17-18:1 at idle, but I've heard that too far either way will make the wideband read funky. I've also got the low setting of my SAFC at 69% throttle and zeroed out because I read adjusting idle with it causes issues due to interpolation. May try it anyways if the FP doesn't fix things.

Any suggestions/ideas would be much appreciated, I wanna try and hit the track this weekend!!

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
Slapped some new plug wires on last night, no more breakup. 15psi is insane, it'll break the back tires loose in 3rd at 70 on some road surfaces:love:

Still having issues with lean idle/cruise (17-19:1) and surging. Might try adjusting the SAFC at 0% throttle to see if I can richen it up a little as bumping the fuel pressure past 45psi base doesn't help. 45psi is what i ended up with, wouldn't idle below that. Still runs pretty crappy until it warms up at that pressure but I didn't really want to run any more than that.

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
Less than stellar trip to the track tonight but I still had fun. It was cold (30s and windy) and crowded (~150 cars) and I ended up only making 2 runs because I blew a coupler and lost one of my tbolt clamps about 3/4 of the way through the 2nd run. I've got some serious traction issues, but with some more runs I think I could have some pretty good times.

Just for giggles, here's the numbers from the 2 runs:
#1 spinning into 3rd
Reaction .66
60' 3.22
1/8 ET 10.36
1/8 MPH 85.45
1/4 ET 14.82
1/4 MPH 112.3

#2 blew coupler in 3rd = no power at the end
Reaction .50
60' 2.7
1/8 ET 9.76
1/8 MPH 83.66
1/4 ET 14.44
1/4 MPH 97.4

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I"m loving the 3.22 60'............:biglaugh:

I'm glad your car is running better though. Good luck with the low throttle tuning.

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
Not much of an update, haven't done much but drive the car lately. Put about 2k on it since I fixed the HG with no issues. Still haulin ass and lovin it!

Been slowing doing the little stuff and also replaced my single 16" fan with some FAL dual fans and put some new front springs on. Got my wideband back from Innovate as well, still need to hook it up so I can crank the boost/do some more tuning (running 14psi right now) and hopefully hit the dyno soon. Also planning to get a Shaftmasters 1pc as my carrier bearing is shot.

Went out with a friend today who just bought an '09 Vette and had a blast. I've gotten pretty comfortable with the car and he was barely able to keep up in the twisties. I was really surprised how much I could pull on him both from a standstill and from a roll. Also pegged the speedo at one point, my hands were shaking when we stopped after that :D

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I've been thinking about getting one of those as well Dok, but I'm also contemplating going with a th350 so I'll have to make up my mind really quick before the Texas meet. I don't really want to drive that far without an overdrive so I may just practice launching with my five speed. I want to do some drag racing and it isn't going too good right now.

I made three passes last weekend and my best was.

rt..........560 (only because I wasn't ready to launch just yet)
60'.......2.089 ( I think that's it, I can't hardly read it.)
330'.....5.544
1/8......8.334
mph.....90.16
1/4......12.586
mph.....112.42

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
Much bettah than my 14's lol. Got some troubleshooting to do too, car was running a lil rough when I got home last night, almost like it's down a cyl or something. Didn't find any vac leaks so I guess I'll pull the plugs and see if I can figure out what's goin on...

Lookin forward to 2k9, be my first meet! I'm definitely doing road racing and will probably try to get in on the dyno action, not sure about drag though. $80 is crazy expensive, the track here is only $15 for a tech card!

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I didn't know it was eighty dollars either. If it is, then I probably won't pay that. I'm not paying eighty dollars to race, tear my car up, and then have to pay three hundred or more to get it home. I thought it would be like twenty dollars. It's only fifteen here to race all day.