Dok's E85 powered 2jzge-T build

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Pictures are too dark for me to give my 100% approval, but I'm willing to say that 80% of the time, I'd be 90% impressed with the new lip.

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
suprahero;1364994 said:
Pictures are too dark for me to give my 100% approval, but I'm willing to say that 80% of the time, I'd be 90% impressed with the new lip.

You running for president in the next election? 614hp eh? Where have I been!!??

Poodles;1365032 said:
Needs to be red ;)

Prolly look pretty good, maybe if I finish my 10 other projects I'll get around to painting the whole car:biglaugh:

mobes;1365035 said:
Looks good. I think gloss would look even better.

I happen to know someone whos painting their car in the (near?) future :naughty:

mk3design

The Name is Snakes
Jul 1, 2006
Arizona
Looks alot better in gloss!

It doesnt look like your bumper is faded, you can get color matched paint and clear in sray cans at paintscratch.com Ive used it on a number of different spoiler and lip projects and you would never tell its out of a can

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
mk3design;1367505 said:
Looks alot better in gloss!

It doesnt look like your bumper is faded, you can get color matched paint and clear in sray cans at paintscratch.com Ive used it on a number of different spoiler and lip projects and you would never tell its out of a can

Might look into that, still trying to decide if I'm going to paint the whole car or not at some point.

mobes;1367556 said:
Agreed :)

What kind of paint?

Just used some gloss duplicolor, nuttin fancy...

The car's down for a while, turbo seal gave up the ghost last week and I'm pretty strapped for cash and time right now. Gonna take the opportunity to clean some things up when I get time and probably swap my 880cc injectors (officially for sale if anyone's interested) for some 1000cc :naughty:

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
Not much of an update, but i sent my turbo off yesterday for a rebuild with the goal of having the car back up for the Austin Hill Country Cruise, although I haven't heard any dates yet...

Also got a free FC rx7 oil cooler from a buddy for helping him tear his rotary apart in prep for an LS1/T56 swap :) Will be following this guide to install:
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82287

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Poodles;1418897 said:
Watch your oil pressures with that cooler, some people have had issues with pressure drop.

Could never understand how that one works....

IF the cooler is full of Oil there shouldn't be a pressure drop ever as Oil isn't compressible.

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
Got the Supra back up and running Saturday and it was almost down again for a really long time...

pa240011.jpg

pa240012.jpg

pa240013.jpg

Last thing you want to hear when someone pulls up next to you is "hey! your car is on fire!!" Let this be a lesson to anyone as reTard as me that didn't run a wastegate dump because their Chinese manifold didn't allow much room for it--if you blow an IC pipe at WOT the ensuing fireball out your wastegate can and will catch your o2 sensor wiring and anything else within close proximity on FIRE! I was lucky and only lost the sensor and some insulation on the underside of my hood, could have been alot worse!

That said, 2" u-bend is on order and a dump will be made ASAP...:icon_redf

On the plus side the car is running awesome and the turbo seems to be spooling quicker after the rebuild. In fact, I had to turn the boost controller down some as my previous 22psi setting got me to 25psi before I noticed and backed out of the throttle...

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
Minor breakthrough last night, mainly in driveability. I've always had issues with my idle afr and cruise being all over the map at times, realized last night that the retention clip holding the signal pin in both my o2 sensor plug and harness side plug were broken possibly causing some signal issues. Rewired everything and the idle/cruise is great now! I was able to 0 out the all of the closed loop correction I had on the AFC before to keep it running at idle and not go crazy lean at cruise.

As always with the supra, new issue sprung up this morning lol. Good 'ol code 52 is back right on schedule before some sort of Supra event....

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
Have to check the TSRM :) Wondering if it had something to do with the conflagration event last week, knock sensor wiring runs right next to where my o2 sensor wiring was on fire lol...