dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
Poodles;1171932 said:
New bumper, fog lights, and a battery hold down and you're set :D

Dunno why you kept the Lexus badge on the motor :rofl:

I cannot comprehend your priorities:1zhelp: F the bumper, fogs sure if I can get some cheap, and who needs a battery hold down?? And the Lexus badge is FTMFW:love:

So I jokingly asked Jon whether the brakes (and Tanabe swaybars I ended up buying from him after changing the due date on my credit card :biglaugh:) came with installation. Two 6 packs of Chill later and I give you:

Last edited:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Very cool video, but I've got take some speed reading classes and then watch it again........:biglaugh:

How are you likeing your clutch setup?

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
Yea, got tired of messing with it lol. Still pissed that the timing at the beginning got messed up when I uploaded it, it's perfect in WMP. Love the clutch, grabs nice and is easy on the street. Sound takes some getting used to, sounds like sandpaper when it engages...

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
Tested the brakes and swaybars tonight, wow what a difference! Brakes need a lil more bleeding but it stops like crazy and I couldn't get 'em to fade. Swaybars made a huge difference too, I took one of the back roads I run a decent amount and looked down at one point and was doing 80 in a curve, wouldn't have known it if I hadn't have looked...

Car is running alot better too, been tweaking the AFC and I think I've pulled some mo power out. Back end goes sideways when boost hits at 12psi in second:evil2: Still a little breakup from 5500 up (plugs regapped to .022), not sure what to try next, maybe some new plug wires. Also going to redo the CPS wiring and check out all of my coil packs again.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Dok, have you checked to make sure everything is grounded correctly. I was having problems with my car breaking up in the higher rpms and I added three ground wires and it purrrrrrred like a kitten. I put one to the first coil pack, one to the manifold and one to the head. Just thought I'd throw that out there in case it helps you. Good luck.

P.S. I'm not a mechanic, nor do I pretend to be one.

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
Grounds are easy, definitely worth a shot :)

Swaybars are Tanabe, bought them as a package from Jon (mobes) with the nightpager brake kit including installation :biglaugh: Think they run about $165 each normally

jmcboost

Mar 31, 2005
Missouri
Let me know how you hold them in. I need to get mine bolted in also. I found some IS300 coils on car-part.com for $80-90 shipped.