Dok's E85 powered 2jzge-T build

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
It runs perfectly...............except for the loss of boost in high rpms. I'm hoping to get that resolved this evening.

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
Got my injectors back from Witchhunter today, 695cc +- 0.5% at 43.5psi, not bad for $260 ebay injectors :) Hopefully put the rail back on tonight and make some fuel lines if my allergies don't put me down for the count...

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
You must not have checked back in a while because it's been slow with my lazy pace :)

The plan is to have it back together and roughly tuned by the cruise, crossing my fingers that the HG holds...

steven89

Jul 8, 2006
Houston, TX
dok33;1150275 said:
You must not have checked back in a while because it's been slow with my lazy pace :)

The plan is to have it back together and roughly tuned by the cruise, crossing my fingers that the HG holds...

haha yeah i havent checked in a while, but at least its moving faster than my "build" thread..

Sweetness! Hope ya can make it! hah

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Josh, what kind of allergies do you suffer from?

If it's sinus mostly, use a neti pot. It looks strange, but if you use it daily it removes all the allergens, and also allows the hair to capture the allergens before they cause issues.

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
Mainly ragweed and mold, mostly eye irritation and lack of energy. Claratin used to work but not so much anymore, should probably go to the allergist but I hate going to the Dr.

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
Got the suspension done and a few other odds and ends and then Jon came over and we wired up the SAFC and fuel pump. Luckily I decided to pressure test the fuel system before reassembling everything as there were a few leaks. Couldn't get my new feed on the rail to stop leaking and ended up killing the threads I cut :(

Gonna swing by Boost Logic tomorrow and see if they can just weld it on. Otherwise no leaks and everything seems to be working ok. Lots of loose ends to tie up, but I'm hoping to be ready by the Austin cruise on 11/1...

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
Got the rail welded up, Boost Logic has some badass cars. They were dynoing a MKIV with a 3.4L stroker in it while I was there, 500ft-lbs by 4500 rpms :love: They were at about 760rwhp at 25psi on a GT74 when I left and Justin was still tuning...

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
Great work.. but I'm worried about your 044 being mounted higher than the surge tank, if it hasn't failed yet chances are it won't. The 044's are more prone to failure with a dry purge because they use rollers insead of gears to pressurize the fuel.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
I ran a Speedflow check valve and a filter sock on my 044 mounted in tank and it still died within weeks as they're no longer made in Germany quality control seems to have slipped...

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
dok33;1155231 said:
That's no good, guess I'll keep my fingers crossed. I went with the Bosch because of all of the bad Walbro stories, guess Aeromotive is the best way to go...

aeromotive is in the same boat as far as mounting, they fail without being mounted under the tank.

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
Hrm, not sure if I've got space anywhere lower than the tank, seems like the check valve should keep the line full of fuel (plugged straw effect) so I'm assuming that would be just as good as having it below the tank, or no?

juhanis

2jza70
Jan 11, 2006
Los Gatos, California
this makes me hope that my 2jzge-t swap goes smoothly... i'm kind of going to this motor because from what i've seen its tougher than the good ol 7m. ugh, i just hope i get more uptime out of this thing.