Dok's E85 powered 2jzge-T build

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
I think the CEL is burned out (or removed), I don't see it with just acc power on. Should probably look into that.

I was thinking it wouldn't need to be tuned, stock injectors, ECU, AFM etc. but maybe so...

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Poodles;1062724 said:
My bet is you have a code, fix the CEL...

But yeah, definately far too rich.

back on page 23...
theWeezL;1038352 said:
Running too rich can also cause high rpm breakup. "blowing the spark out" is the term Ive heard used. After I finished my rebuild I had way too much fuel pressure and a poor SAFC tune that did that.​

My only thought though is he said AFR's are good...soooo....

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
Haven't had a chance to pull the cluster and figure out the CEL, but I did turn the fuel pressure down to 32psi w/o the vacuum line on. Was fine yesterday, 13-14 AFR idle/cruise but still went way rich under boost, but then this morning my idle/cruise AFRs were in the 16's?? me = confused...

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
Update-had to run an errand this morning after getting to work. No changes to fuel pressure or anything else and cruise AFRs were in the 12s-13s and it immediately went in the 10s with any boost. Gonna just tear into it this weekend, something's up...

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
Think I found my boost leak:
p6290001lv0.jpg

:kloguck:

Guess I need to figure something else out with the turbo outlet, it's obviously too close to the manifold. I have a cast elbow but it's going to need to be trimmed some to fit and I'll have to find someone to weld it. Not much space in there:
p6290003ek5.jpg

p6290005rq7.jpg

I might also try another 45deg silicone elbow with some heat wrap on it first, haven't decided yet. Not sure WTF is up with my digital camera either, all the pics have lines in 'em...

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
Finally got the CEL fixed, code 52 which explains everything LOL. I pulled my knock sensor harness I got from Shaeff and there's continuity between it and the ECU so I'm guessing I have a bad sensor. Hopefully I can find one or two locally so I can get her back up this weekend!

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
Lance FTW, going to pick up some knock sensors tonight and check out the 2jz Maverick :D If this fixes the car I will celebrate with a burnout video or two :biglaugh:

On the negative side, I'm really pissed at 935 right now. I ordered a set of front struts on 6/19 and they were supposed to ship on 6/23 and they just shipped yesterday :( Now I'm going to miss the AutoX on Sunday because the front of my car bounces like a hoopty...

Last edited:

XofXtimeX

Clean 2JZ
Feb 25, 2006
Arlington, TX
Ah! I hope it works man! Mainly because I want to see some burnout videos...

Keep me updated.

I noticed your AFM is coming right off of the turbo which is the same setup i'll be running. So i had a question about how you ran your PCV system. I know the stock 7M PCV goes on the accordion hose. Seeing as how I wont have any spots to run the lines I'm a tad bit confused...

-Nick-

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
I'm using a 4" intake pipe that came with my DP kit, you can see the ports here:
p5050096xr3.jpg

I had to cut it down to get the filter in there, I'll try to remember to take some more pics. I haven't actually hooked the PCV vent up yet (just have a line that's open to the air), but I plan on running the P/S valve cover port to my catch can and from the catch can to a port on the intake pipe. Also have the BOV routed back to the big port on the intake pipe and the P/S idle up to the small port.

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
Arrg, beyond frustrated today. I got a knock sensor from Lance last night and spent the afternoon swapping it one at a time with both of mine, still got Code 52 after about 30 secs of driving both times. Then I figured what the hell and put one of the 2jzge knock sensors I have in and spliced the 2j clip into my rewire harness I got from Shaeff along with the sensor from Lance in the other spot. Still getting the frickin' code:nono:

Kind of at a loss now, about the only other thing I can do is put the other 2j sensor in just for the hell of it. I tested the knock sensor harness and it's got continuity from the ECU connection to the plug so I assume that's not the problem...

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
Decided since the car wants to be a garage queen I'd at least make it look like one and polish some stuff...

p7120002dy2.jpg

Headed up to the local Sat night meetup, tomorrow I'm going to swap in the other 2j knock sensor and splice its plug into the harness..

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
having continuty isn't enough, the sheilding has to be grounded on one end (from what I remember)

as I have a new wiring harness it's not an issue... (but it was after the shop broke the knock sensor and jacked the wiring...)

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
Ground is there, Shaeff's harness has the braid from each wire tied to a single ground that I bolted to the dash support behind the glovebox.

One interesting (or not interesting, I dunno) thing is that the CEL won't kick on until I drive it for a few seconds. It'll idle in the driveway without throwing the code. Not sure if that's significant or not...

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
My wife's did the same thing. It wouldn't ever throw the code until I got on the main road. I could drive it about a hundred yards basically just idling and then once I gave it about half throttle to pull out, check engine light would come on. Her's disappeared with the new kit from Shaeff though. Good luck.