Dok's E85 powered 2jzge-T build

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
Got the ignition issues fixed (for now at least), #4 plug was swimming in coolant and was completely fouled. Jon also hooked me up with a couple of connectors to replace my cracked ones but the wiring is still a little sketchy. Still need to find a good set of coils, all 6 that I have have cracks in them but the ones on the car are working ok.

Also got the A/C charged today and was out cruising around and blew another heater hose :nono: Luckily Jon was nearby and gave me a lift to get some water and another hose splice. I had a 90deg hose coming out of the heater core that was splice with one of the plastic part store heater hose splices into a straight hose. The plastic splice was resting on the EGR pipe and I think it might have been stressed and been getting some heat from the pipe. Gonna shorten up the 90 and pull the spice away from the pipe, hopefully this will be the last time...

Things I've learned:
1. Supra hates middle fingers--smashed one, cut the other from tip to cuticle THROUGH the nail (f'n ouch)
2. Supra hates coolant and likes to spew it on the ground/newly cleaned engine

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
Nothing really to update, found me a friend in the parking garage at work this morning though :)
supraandmr2co9.jpg

Up to 400 clutch break-in miles, only tree-fitty to go...

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
So I crossed 600mi yesterday and said screw it. Spent about 4hrs tonight putting the WG gasket on the right side and installing my LC-1. Went out for a drive and still only 5psi :( It gets there quicker but the WG is still pegged open and won't build anymore boost. Freakin' ebay crap...

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
Found a HKS spring locally (Protech performance FTW!), will be here tomorrow.

In the meantime I hooked up my boost controller and adjusted it to 8psi. Horay-more ignition breakup :nono: Swapped coils to some I got from Tubbie and still no dice. I'm not really sure what else it could be unless the ignitor is dieing or something. I ordered some new plug wires just to eliminate something else but I'm kind of at a loss...

Feels like it will haul ass up until it starts sputtering :dunno:

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
hottscennessey;1061770 said:
do you have a way to monitor AFR's?

Yea, I have the WB hooked up, AFRs look good.

And BTW-found the issue I think LOL--the coupler blew off the turbo outlet on the way home tonight, I think it was starting to come off and was causing a boost leak, at least that's what I'm hoping for... Does a boost leak feel alot like ignition breakup?

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
Fixed the coupler and did some more testing on the way to work this morning, still breaks up if I go WOT, but if I slowly roll into boost it does ok and pulls well. Any ideas?

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Check from the gas pedal all the way to the motor. Sounds like maybe when you mash it and go WOT that you might be getting an odd signal compared to slowing going into it.

I think if you had an SAFC it would be able to tell you what the TPS is doing...

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
Finally found the driver I needed and got the LC-1 hooked to my laptop. My prosport gauge isn't reading right, not sure why as I hooked the 5v out from the LC-1 to the gauge and set it for 0-5V AFR but I can't figure it out.

Anyways, on the laptop my AFRs dip into the 9's and 8's in some cases at WOT, if I keep it in closed loop while boosting it's fine and is in the 12's. BINGO! Something is causing it to go rich in Open Loop, my idle is in the 10's as well. I have the FP set at around 30psi with the vac line on, too much??