Dok's E85 powered 2jzge-T build

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
dok33;1039191 said:
The ground wire did it, Figgie FTMFW!!

Jon and I rolled up to the local meetup tonight, nice to finally have something to show :) There was a kid in an MKIII hanging out with the ricer Cavaliers and Tiburons (neons and lambo doors), gotta get him away from those guys lol.

Did some cruising, up to 125 miles with no issues yet other than the ignition problem :D

Sweet :)

Yeah the 7m coils are real stout. On rare occasions they are really the culprit but most of the time, it is a grounding issue.

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
Up to 180mi now, still running good :) Refilled the tank, ended up getting 17.5mpg, not bad for around town driving. I'm at the fun part now, driving and putting the rest of the stuff in as I feel like it :D

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
225mi FTL :biglaugh: Was backing into the garage after my MSF class tonight and noticed a trail of coolant under the car, seems the outlet on my heater control valve decided to break off, I'm probably lucky I made it home...

Time for a parts search...

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
no it just eliminates the valve. It sends coolant to the heater core at all times that way. Doing so takes a little of the A/C systems efficiency away.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Since I seen you had an SAFC, I guess you're running stock ecu. I'm needing a 2jzgte timing map. Google here I come...........good luck with the rest of the break in.

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
Well, thought I had it fixed... Picked up a few 90deg copper elbows at lunch and went home to fix it up. 1/2" fit the best (it was either 1/2 or 3/4), got everything tightened up and refilled/burped the system and drove it to work. Pulled in the parking garage and was letting the car cool down and one of the hoses blew off the elbow :(

Scott-how did you get yours to stay on? There's not a ton of surface area to clamp on with the small elbows, guess it either wasn't enough or my heater core is clogged making the pressure higher...

Think I'm just going to pick up one of these: http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductDetail.aspx?MfrCode=DOR&MfrPartNumber=47062&CategoryCode=3053
5047062.jpg

Last edited:

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
Josh,
I just used a brass elbow from Lowes and a standard worm clamp. The plastic one with a lot of surface area would be better IMHO.

Last edited:

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
Got the heater hose fixed but am having ignition problems again. I think the issue is that the center coil harness connector is busted (no internal plastic left) and my uncracked coils are missing pieces of the plastic where the harness clips in. The other set I have have the full plastic where the harness clips but have cracks on the bottoms of the coil housings. Guess I'll try to find a good set of coils and a coil pack harness that isn't chewed up...

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
Fixed the harness clips and swapped coils around this weekend, still running rough :( Still need to pull the plugs but I decided to put 200mi on my "new" bike this weekend instead :D

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Don't let this bike distract you from what's important..............to us............:biglaugh: