Dok's E85 powered 2jzge-T build

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
Jay-burnout vids will come soon, gotta wear out the bridgestones so I can buy a pair of Vredestien's to match the front :)

Scott, couldn't have done it without your help, thanks for pioneering (others as well) and putting up with all of my questions :D

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I don't know what Vredesteins are, but I just bought a set of Eagle F1's for the rear of my car, and those bitches hold like nothing I've ever had. They're expensive as hell, but I needed some traction. I was getting out launched by Ford Rangers since I was spinning so easily..............:cry:

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
http://www.vredestein.com

Tire company from the Netherlands, their Ultrac Sessanta tires are getting excellent reviews on the corvette and 350z forums and they're cheap. I paid $99 for 235's for my TT wheels, rears are $160 each (275).

Been about 3mo since I spun the tires in a car, can't wait :D Of course the 750mi clutch break-in is gonna come first :(

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
Jon came over tonight and we did some more tinkering, car is running 500% better. The Mustang wires were too tall and kind of got squashed under the TB so we pulled the damn plenum off and Jon modded the 7M wires to make 'em fit. Got the timing and FP set too.

Not too much more to do before she's ready to drive, noticed the sandwich adapter was leaking so I gotta fix that :( Exhaust is the other main thing, either need to find a decent welder or drive it to the exh shop with no exhaust and have it welded up...

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
Yay! Looks like I get the mobes RTFM award for the week:
Left Coil 1-6
Middle Coil 3-4
Right Coil 2-5

Duuuurrrrr, car runs great now LOL. If I could just figure out how to get the ECU bolted in...

mobes

Supras are never 'done'
Apr 5, 2005
Bozeman, MT
rtfm.jpg

I guess our "they must be in the right order or it wouldn't run" logic was somehow flawed.

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
Haha, guess so. Was going to try and drive it to work tomorrow but the throttle cable started sticking (looks like it's pulling at an angle at the firewall) and I didn't feel like mucking with it. Probably shouldn't drive too much with the open DP anyways :biglaugh:

ReadTFM and also noticed FP should be 30psi w/out the test conn jumpered and the vac line on so she's probably a bit rich at idle.

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
Took a little bit of a long lunch today and ended up driving the car back to work :) Throttle cable is still dragging at the firewall, have to mess with that later.

Car feels AMAZING and it's only hitting 5psi right now. Boost doesn't come on until ~4k rpms so I think the wastegate is definitely leaking, it won't boost more than 5psi w/11psi spring.

I only hooked up the port on the side (to the turbo outlet), the two ports on the top are open (kit didn't have anything else in it). It's the ebay knockoff HKS 50mm gate, should I plug the top ports or something?

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
What type of boost controller are you running? I can see how mine is hooked up to my bc if that will help you.

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
None right now, just a line from the compressor outlet to the port on the side of the WG. Was planning on using the stock WG pressure (11psi) and hook up my BC later on.

mobes

Supras are never 'done'
Apr 5, 2005
Bozeman, MT
Sounds like you've got the WG hooked up correctly. I wouldn't bet any money on the spring being what the eBay auction said it was...

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
My brother and I used to have that record, and we would listen to it on the double quick play. We would sing it like that and we knew every word of it. Those were the good ol days. Now I've got to worry about taxes and dieing. I miss being a kid..........:cry:

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
Well, looks like I'm in bug workout mode. Car was running good on the way to work but on the way home it would break up under boost pretty bad. Going to check the timing, any other ideas?

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Are your plugs gapped to .028? I have to gap mine to .022 to run 18psi of boost or they break up. I used to could run them at .028, but onece I got the stinger I have to run .022. Good luck.

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
I can't remember whether I went .032 or .028, but I didn't think it would matter with low boost (5psi). \

Jon and I messed with some stuff tonight and went for a ride, it was boosting well at first and then after about 5mins started breaking up again. Stopped at Autozone for about 5mins and it was ok again on the way home.

Probably pull the plugs this weekend, they might be fouled due to the swapped plug wires when I first fired it up...