BosoMKII's project! 56k cut your head off

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
oh i know... it's too volatile to be that good smelling.... i suggest you go to your local GM dealer and pick up a can and see for yourself. 12378393 is the number and list is $6.87, try to get it for under $5. That's wholesale.

FWIW it does work very well....

BosoMKII

Apr 24, 2006
NorCal
I have made some progress in the last two weeks, but not really updating you guys. Sorry.
Here is whats new:
After much deliberation, I finally decided on how to wire everything up. I am pretty sure it is good, but I will just have to wait and see. I didn't finalize anything until the engine actually turns over and runs! There are still a few little things that need to be done before I get there though. I won't bore you with the details. But I am feeling like its close.

I made the radiator brackets then gave everything to my buddy who took it all down to his shop to have it welded. The welder did a great job. Sorry for the blurry photo:

p315586_1.jpg

That was the tricky side. To get the radiator to fit its really close to the frame rail and that was the only feasible location to bolt a bracket to without drilling. I really didn't want to drill.

Ran the battery cable to the trunk, but I have not yet purchased a box for the battery. For the engine bay I used the fold over tabs that where on the car to hold something. Can't remember what it was, but apparently I don't need it because its gone.

p315586_2.jpg

p315586_3.jpg

I have finished making the oil cooler brackets, but no test fit pictures yet. I left the paint drying on the brackets, so tomorrow I will get pics of the finished mounting up. Now that the radiator was in place, there was no room to get the oil lines out of the engine bay on the left side of the car without cutting. No cutting. My lines where too short to make it out the stock oil cooler location so I went with the ultra-badass through-the-headlight method. I rule.

p315586_4.jpg

Went and had tires put on the wheels this morning. I decided on 195/50/15s. Nice subtle stretch, but still plenty of tire. I forgot that my wheels require slim style lug nuts, so I had to order some. A few more days before the wheels go on. Looks like I might be able to get a spacer in the rear and get the wheel out more. I will have to wait until the car is down and see how much I want to lower it.

Stuff left to do:

Install fuel pumps and lines ( need a few fittings, have to make a trip to the store )
Finish wiring and install a battery box. ( power distribution block in the mail, box just a trip to the store )
Brakes ( pads and shims on order )
Find radiator hoses that fit.
Fluids and stuff.
Odds and ends.

After that I will be ready to try and start the car!

There will still be a lot left to do once the engine is running. But that is not hugely important at this second.

mickyg

7MGE MX-73
Sep 15, 2005
Melbourne AU
Looking good man! Why am I not seeing the pacesetter header on there? I think you explained that one before but it's been a while.

I'm liking the oil lines through the headlight - very innovative and in true Bosozoku style! Keep us posted on your progress!

BosoMKII

Apr 24, 2006
NorCal
Thanks Micky. The Pacesetter doesn't clear the frame rail! I may have it modified by the exhaust shop to fit. I will see how much they say it will cost before I decide

BosoMKII

Apr 24, 2006
NorCal
I will have a few updates in another day or two. This week is turning out to be pretty busy. Oh well.

Bad news today. I had ordered a power distrabution block for the battery cable to accessorys. USPS dropped it off on my porch. In Berkeley. Idiots. It was stolen of course.
There are basicaly two types of people who live in Berkeley. Criminals, and people who can't afford to live anywhere else. I really hate this place sometimes.

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
yay! progress! from the spy shots you provided it looks like its coming together nicely!

i cant believe you had your package stolen right off your porch like that! well someone stole a wrecked pair of shoes off mine before so i guess i can believe it. Hopefully the shipping company will take care of it as it seems its thier screw up. :icon_conf

BosoMKII

Apr 24, 2006
NorCal
Yeah I called and no, I didn't have insurance on my $13.65 purchase ( including shipping ) so they won't give me anything. All I can to is request they launch an "investigation" which is pretty much them asking the carrier if he/she left it at the right house. If yes, case closed. Someone stole the box.
Its not even that this place is so bad. Most of the violent crime is in Oakland, Richmond, and S.F. Berkeley is just so much theft and kids trying to be "hard" like their favorite rappers. Future inmates of America I call them.
My appartment shows signs of multiple break-ins. The back door has been forced enough times that the jam is splintered to pretty much nothing. My dad made a plate of metal for the jam and anchored it with a whole bunch of long screws. Thanks dad! My last appartment's rear door had been forced at least once as well. Before I live there though. But by bike got stolen from the BART station the other day. I was gone for 4 hours in the middle of the day and the cable was cut. Right out in front of the station!
What can you do......

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
sounds like a rather uhm "interesting" area to live in. Thankfully it wasnt more than $20 worth of stuff in that box.

oh, oil cooler pics or ban... k thx...:biglaugh:

BosoMKII

Apr 24, 2006
NorCal
Haha I ran into a little problem with the oil cooler. I had the wrong fittings. The new ones should be here in a few days, then I can attach the lines and post pics!
I will have a few other photos of the recent progress too..... getting close!

BosoMKII

Apr 24, 2006
NorCal
Today

Not much news, just plugging along. Had to run to the hardware store AGAIN. Everyday it feels like I have to go for all these little do-dads and whatchahoozeys that are needed. The $$$ is really starting to add up! :cry:

Fuel pumps are mounted and wired along with the relay and my super-secret ultra-hidden fuel pump kill switch under the center console. Yeah I know, the most unoriginal spot ever. It won't offer much security, but most amateur thieves are pretty stupid. A kill switch won't stop a pro who wants your car.

Anyway. Here are a few photos.

p323516_1.jpg

p323516_2.jpg

Kinda crazy setup. Looks messy, but its pretty well ordered. I think.
Goes like this:

Tank out into fuel filter
Filter out into lift pump
Lift pump out into EFI pump

I will now share with you my interior treatments.
My beautiful Nardi and Amco shift knob. The shift knob is old!

p323516_3.jpg

Jack and the dead duck toy. Cute Coffin. ( That was the ebay add. Right outta Hong Kong. )

p323516_4.jpg

When I was soldering the switch I burnt myself with the iron. I had it on the "hot" 40w setting. That pretty much vaporizes your skin. You can blow away the skin ash right after, its kinda funny. Too bad it hurts. I don't have a picture of that, so I will give you a picture of when I nearly lost a finger cutting a stale bagel.

sm_photo_missing.jpg