BosoMKII's project! 56k cut your head off

BosoMKII

Apr 24, 2006
NorCal
Thanks for the compliments! I also don't mind hearing that many of you don't like it at all. I knew it was going to be one of those love it or hate it deals. I the only way I can get the lines out front of the car is through the headlight, cutting metal and the plastic grill. I really didn't want to do any cutting. There are not many of these cars left! Everything I have done so far can be put back to stock. I could have used the stock oil cooler in the stock location hidden behind the grill as well. But that is just not what I am doing with the car. If I decide I don't like it, it will take me less than 20 minutes to put the stock oil cooler in and put the headlight back.

Just for some reference, here are a few of my fav bosozuku/yanky style cars:

p326632_1.jpg

p326632_2.jpg

p326632_3.jpg

p326632_4.jpg

I am not going that wild with the exhaust, but it will be pretty crazy! Ooops I just realized I have three Skylines there. I will post some others later. These cars emulate the production based race cars of the day. As the street style evolved, it got more and more wild. Its over the top for most people, but I just love the look!

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
All beautiful. Its a style im not used to as its primarily Japanese... Its somthing that will grow on me. I also agree with what you said about cutting things up. Good move Matt!

I wanna bend my plate like that =]

BosoMKII

Apr 24, 2006
NorCal
Thanks for the support Kyle! It is a very Japanese thing. I am sure some Yakuza would issue a hit on me if they saw some stupid gaijin copying this old school Japanese style.
Bend your plate in CA and get rolled! Japanese cops don't care what you do, not so here!

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Boso: I like the cars I can even deal with the huge offsets and flares but have to draw the line (get it ;) ) at the external Oil lines!

It just looks STUPID!!

<Ninja Edit> Didn't see the page before where you have done it DOH!

Sorry this isn't a personal slam Matt!

BosoMKII

Apr 24, 2006
NorCal
Its cool IJ. I am not offended. Like I said, its really not for everyone. I even expected some people to be upset or think I am an idiot! Its ok. Dunno, maybe I will decide I don't like it after all once the car is out of the garage and I can see the whole thing. As is I like it though.

And not that posting more photos will change your mind, but here is a car that is either an actual vintage racer, or a very good replica. You can see where the style originated from.

IMG_516900981.jpg

IMG_511800471.jpg

As the cars get newer, the style just got competely insane and silly:

058491.jpg

058521.jpg

058481.jpg

Not into that. Its wild and interesting, but yikes.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Matt: The "Bagel incident" removed any doubt about you being an idiot! :stickpoke <jk>

The 1st and 2nd cars are done a little more tastefully (and just looks like they may have ran out of room) but the rest in usual Japanese excess are just a joke with the big looping large diameter hoses!

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
But then again, not everything different is retarded.

big props matt for sticking with it. i knew your corona would be something like this anyway the first time i saw your name :p

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
i thought the corona would end up more like the first pic with the big ass polished oil cooler up front but its still a crazy seksy car! screw anyonw who dosnt see it that way, do what you think looks good!

but what do i know im a drunk eccentric ass!

BosoMKII

Apr 24, 2006
NorCal
bigaaron said:
Not everything JDM is cool...

Yeah I guess its "JDM" but that is not what it is about for me at all. I like the look, I think its rad. If American street rods where doing it and not the super lame chromed everything and idiot flame paint jobs and stuff I would like those cars better!

Anyway. I hope to be able to start the car on Monday night! Or at least make an attempt.