BosoMKII's project! 56k cut your head off

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
BosoMKII said:
When I was soldering the switch I burnt myself with the iron. I had it on the "hot" 40w setting. That pretty much vaporizes your skin. You can blow away the skin ash right after, its kinda funny. Too bad it hurts. I don't have a picture of that, so I will give you a picture of when I nearly lost a finger cutting a stale bagel.

See now a real man would have grabbed that hot soldering iron and cauterized the EBL wound! You injured yourself in the wrong order.

ChadMKIII

Yup, Thats The G/F
Jul 14, 2006
Bay Area, Ca
BosoMkII said:
When I was soldering the switch I burnt myself with the iron. I had it on the "hot" 40w setting. That pretty much vaporizes your skin. You can blow away the skin ash right after, its kinda funny. Too bad it hurts. I don't have a picture of that, so I will give you a picture of when I nearly lost a finger cutting a stale bagel.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Hell Yeah!

I'm not the only idiot who cut himself badly cutting a bagel with a huge knife!
:p I caused our school to get real bagel slicers instead of steak knives!

Man I almost had to get stitches for that one...

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
lmao Ian! "the chad"... rooofles.

Boso: Not so much digging the fuel pump stuffs, but if it works... Just maybe clean it all up down the road sometime....
Love the steering wheel, shift knob, and Jack in the coffin though.

BosoMKII

Apr 24, 2006
NorCal
This is funny. I post a little blood and gore and I get more responses to my thread than I have in many pages! hahaha

Supra90turbo: Yeah I agree. The fuel pump setup looks like ass, especially from that angle. From where I was working on it directly under the setup looks better. I didn't realize how messy it had gotten until I took the photo! That spot under there is really the only place I have room to put all that stuff. I could move the EFI pump closer to the engine bay, that would help. The side of the pumps that the ins and outs where on also made it so I had to make a bunch of big loops with the fuel lines. I also want to make some debris shields for everything down there. Just sweep it under the rug so to speak!

There are several things on the car that need finishing. The wiring in the engine bay is horrible. You would die if you saw how messy it is. Its because I have extra wire and there is stuff that I have not cut out yet. I am waiting to start and run the car first. Once that is done, then I re-do all the wiring and tuck as much of it out of sight as possible.

Even when the engine runs and the car drives, the project is far from over!

Loving all the bagel jokes! Thanks for your interest everyone.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
In the preliminary stages, messy wiring can be allowed to slide. A "fix" can be a fuck up.. best to leave it messy at the beginning to work out all the bugs.
When it starts to look like a half-assed Subaru swap, then I'll begin to worry :D

As far as the blood, we're all sick. I know that I love carnage!

oil cooler pics now ;)

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
Good work. Progress is a series of small steps.

Are those springy clips good enough to hold the fuel pressure out of the EFI pump? I can't read the hose writing, but I hope it says SAE30R9.

BosoMKII

Apr 24, 2006
NorCal
Post EFI pump I have worm gear clamps. I don't know what the hose says on it, but it is all fuel hose. Pre EFI pump I know the hose is rated to 50psi. That is 35psi more than it could ever possibly see. Post EFI I used something else, don't know its rating but it is obviously higher quality hose. I will double check its rating now that you have me paranoid!

BosoMKII

Apr 24, 2006
NorCal
supra90turbo said:
lol @ the new sig!!! roofles....

:biglaugh: thanks that was IJ's concept there, I thought it was really funny.

At last, here are the photos of the mounted oil cooler. I hope its not too dissapointing! I think it rocks.

p325215_1.jpg

p325215_2.jpg

p325215_3.jpg

It looks a bit crooked but that is because of the bumper, its just shaped that way.
The logo I senciled on is the old school Toyota logo. Its stylized Japanese that says, you guessed it! Toyota.

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
As soon as i get some gasoline Matt, Im coming down on a day your gonna work. I wanna help out =]

Looking amazing.

And BTW people. I stood next to this car. Its amazing. Simply amazing

BosoMKII

Apr 24, 2006
NorCal
Thanks Kyle! I know I am not getting high marks for the fuel setup, and a few other things. But really I am trying hard to make this nice. I am a total shade-tree mechanic, I don't actually know that much about cars. I am in way over my head on this project!
But I am doing because I love doing it.

I would love it if you came down to help and hang out. I will buy lunch if you do, if that helps offset the cost of gas at all. I was thinking about Monday, but I don't want to make your parents mad by keeping you out past your curfew! :biglaugh:

mickyg

7MGE MX-73
Sep 15, 2005
Melbourne AU
But that's the whole Bosozoku style! All the bizarre Japanese vehicles that have been modded are sporting an external oil cooler! I'm digging it Matt!