BosoMKII's project! 56k cut your head off

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
No problem Matt. The "hot rod" scene in general for the most part turns my stomach... "yeah man, those ghost flames and chrome EVERYTHING really set off your t-bucket. Not to mention the ex-top-fuel 700ci engine. that thing is amazing. how much power is it making? 1500hp? and you drive it every sunday? wow, man. awesome. my hat's off to you."

What pisses me off more than anything is those guys can have 36" of engine protruding directly out of the hood, and clearly over the roof, annihilating any chance of forward vision. They can have dual 4" sidepipes making my ears bleed, but I can't have a 3" catback.

Take that animosity, and multiply it by whatever you'd like to see how much I hate Harleys.

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
BosoMKII said:
Yeah I guess its "JDM" but that is not what it is about for me at all. I like the look, I think its rad. If American street rods where doing it and not the super lame chromed everything and idiot flame paint jobs and stuff I would like those cars better!

Anyway. I hope to be able to start the car on Monday night! Or at least make an attempt.

I think the car is cool with or without oil lines sticking out of the grill. I must have been having a bad night. :biglaugh:

BosoMKII

Apr 24, 2006
NorCal
supra90: I feel the same way. There are lots of old domestic cars that I do like, and rad rod style is hot. But the show car stuff is just so far from what I consider tasteful. Its American rice, they just polish chrome and don't drive.

And Hardly Ablesons? The permanent loosing. They are the shrine of wanna-be bad boy douchebaggery. Overpriced, under engineered, noisy for no reason other than to make noise.

And yes, by my own definition my own car is rice! The irony has not escaped me. But hey, at least I am doing it all myself and will be driving the car.

BigAaron: Its cool man, don't even worry. Thanks for the compliments on the car, even if big external oil coolers are not your thing!

See you tomorrow Troy

BosoMKII

Apr 24, 2006
NorCal
Heat gun and a hammer probably. Unles you know some one with a roller. I know there are a few fender rollers in Nor Cal, but I think they only rent. Going to have to see if I can find one for a reasonable price

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Definitely use a heat gun. I rolled the fenders on my subaru without using one and the paint chipped like a mofo. Giant flakes came off.. not good.

BosoMKII

Apr 24, 2006
NorCal
HellsLegion said:
No there is this crease in the wheel wells in the fender that my tires rub against in a hard turn. I need to flatten em... Ill have to ask around for a heat gun!

I have access to one. You are going to have to come down here to get it though!