Bluechulappa's 89Turbo restoration

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
www.houstonareasupras.com
Only two problems I have is a leaky water pump

And dark brown liquid coming from the slave cyl and transmission access panel. Originally we thought the rear main seal leaked but the oil is super clean right now so there is no way it could be dark brown like this. Also we noticed that the brake fluid res was almost bone dry and before we started the car the booey was floating. New slave cyl time?

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
Just got word that I will have both a new slave cylinder and water pump gasket this afternoon as they both came in today! Now I can fix my leaks and drive thursday to break her in!

No wonder why my damn transmission has brake fluid coming out of it! It wasn't oil from the real main seal. It was dark brown smelly brake fluid.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

So I was reading about the rtv sealant and it needs to cure for 24 hours so I'm going to do it tonight so I can let it sit while im at school doing things tomorrow! Hopefully these are the only two leaks I have. I was under the car today with a bright light and everything looks to be in top notch condition!

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
Hmm...
Waterpump is no longer leaking! I still have BRAKE FLUID dripping from the bell housing front cover. It seems as though it is slowing down dripping. I wonder if the bell housing just had left over brake fluid in it from the busted old slave cylinder? Possibly?

My exhaust at the test pipe was dripping what looks to be water with gassy exhaust smell to it. No coolant. It looks to be dripping straight from the flange on the test pipe so maybe it's condensation?

Power steering has a lot of air in the lines. Sounded bad turning the wheels. I added to it and it sounds better I will monitor it.

So tomorrow is the day! I plan to break her in tomorrow. I will take power steering fluid and brake fluid with me just in case I run low and I won't venture to far from the safety of home :/ I hope it doesn't break down!!! :evil2:

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
Bluechulappa;1245443 said:
Hmm...
Waterpump is no longer leaking! I still have BRAKE FLUID dripping from the bell housing front cover. It seems as though it is slowing down dripping. I wonder if the bell housing just had left over brake fluid in it from the busted old slave cylinder? Possibly?

My exhaust at the test pipe was dripping what looks to be water with gassy exhaust smell to it. No coolant. It looks to be dripping straight from the flange on the test pipe so maybe it's condensation?

Power steering has a lot of air in the lines. Sounded bad turning the wheels. I added to it and it sounds better I will monitor it.

So tomorrow is the day! I plan to break her in tomorrow. I will take power steering fluid and brake fluid with me just in case I run low and I won't venture to far from the safety of home :/ I hope it doesn't break down!!! :evil2:

Damn, are you 100% sure its ready to be driven? Id be scared ass hell..