Bluechulappa's 89Turbo restoration

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
www.houstonareasupras.com
Any local guys that wanna come over on saturday to help out your welcome to stop by. The more help the better right?

I'm on the home stretch! I can hear the motor starting saying start me! Bring me back to life! :evil2:

So I'm a bit confused about these connectors... Well some of them!
I know two of them bolt to the intake manifold as grounds. 1 goes to the starter? but what about the rest of them.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Also I was looking at the alternator tonight. I can't figure out where the big round one that plugs in to the back of the alternator is on the harness?
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Here are the remaining connectors at the front of the harness near the alternator. Thanks to my dad for helping out in wrapping the harness in new tape!
sm_photo_missing.jpg

New oil cooler lines hooked up! Am I missing anything that you can tell? Besides the filter?
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Turbo oil feed lines!
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Painting the ps res can bracket.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Just like this pic..
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Egr newish stuff
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

And finally whats left to do...
sm_photo_missing.jpg

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
The long brown one in the first pic is for the starter. The round grounds attach to the intake.

The ones that go across from the alternator go to the ignitor, the injector resistor. Just lay the harness across and you'll see where they go. No two plugs are alike.

Ken

Apr 6, 2005
Houston, TX
So I'm a bit confused about these connectors... Well some of them!
I know two of them bolt to the intake manifold as grounds. 1 goes to the starter? but what about the rest of them.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

The 3 wire connector (Red/Black, Yellow, Black) goes to the transmission. This connector is for the ABS speed sensor.

2 wire connector (Red/Black, Yellow) goes to the transmission for the reverse lights.

The single wire brown connector is for the starter.

I can't see the wire going off to the right of the pic but my guess is that's for the rear knock sensor.

Also I was looking at the alternator tonight. I can't figure out where the big round one that plugs in to the back of the alternator is on the harness?
sm_photo_missing.jpg

The big round connector and the terminal that goes to the alternator are part of the body harness.

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
Thanks Ken. The wire you cannot see is actually the reverse lights wire for the transmission. I looked back in the bay today when it was light and noticed the alternator cables and other connectors in there. I was just wondering cause it was night and I didn't wanna go outside in the cold to see.

*UPDATE
Today I put on the vacuum line for the wg so I can run stock boost during break in period. Got the final coolant hose and ps hose all clamped and secured. I need to get the ac compressor on and the flywheel. Then it should be time to take it off the stand and mate it to the transmission!

The engine bay is as clean as I plan on cleaning it. I wrapped some more harness in the bay with tape cause it was missing in some spots. And there is a minor pain in the ass deal in the bay having to do with the sub frame...

steven89

Jul 8, 2006
Houston, TX
Yep, haha we all knew the water pump was going to leak though..

Now to just hope its the slave cylinder leaking instead of the rear main seal.

Tire Shredder

Sep 15, 2005
Oshawa
excellent work cleaning that motor up! project looks great!!!

don't slack on us now though. Everybody always abbandon's their build threads when they are almost done. lets see that thing in the car!

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
hks_trd;1242397 said:
nice work dude,

that motor looks sweet sitting on the stand, your hard work payed off!

Indeed but doesn't it look so much better in its home!
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

New fan blade finally installed. Have had this thing forever!
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

And this was this morning at 10am
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Thanks to Derek, Steven, Sside, Franklin and my dad!
Now it's time to get ready to TX2k9!

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
My legs hurt, I feel numb.... But glad to hear it runs great....... This is actually great news for me..... But now, all ya gotta do is drive it :D woop!!!