Bluechulappa's 89Turbo restoration

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
Ya they are pricey locally but once you have the kit if you ever need more coils they are cheap, I'm surprised you only had one that was stripped. Definitely a good thing to have if you plan on working on 7Ms

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
www.houstonareasupras.com
GC89;1234532 said:
Ya they are pricey locally but once you have the kit if you ever need more coils they are cheap, I'm surprised you only had one that was stripped. Definitely a good thing to have if you plan on working on 7Ms

True! I guess it's like adding a new tool to the inventory!

A few new pics...
sm_photo_missing.jpg

New parts again...
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Valve job...
sm_photo_missing.jpg

HKS headgasket sealed! Damn this thing looks thick!
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
I've basically got this damn thing assembled on the stand! Gonna work on cleaning the bay this weekend and finishing up things next week. Should be able to drop her back in next weekend and hopefully be up and driving(breaking in)!:icon_bigg

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
Holy shit I have never been so dirty with gunk and grease in my entire life! Cleaned the rack and pinion and sub frame. Used a paint scrapper to take quarter inch thick gunk off of the metal. Jeez I must have lost a couple pounds at least of all the stuff I removed. I didn't take any pics of the mess cause my hands were to nasty to touch the camera. I will take some progress pics tomorrow. Put the oil pan on the engine. Should be ready to drop in next weekend!!!

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
gtsfirefighter;1236597 said:
Pics of progress???

Ask and you shall receive. Nothing real special in these pics...
Here is what I was cleaning in the engine bay and got so dirty doing.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Almost done with assembly!
sm_photo_missing.jpg

New vacuum valve bolted up to where it sits nicely
sm_photo_missing.jpg

That's all for now. I've got a ton of work to do this week to get it ready for install next weekend!

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
Well, this sure is uplifting to see on nights when you think getting back on the road is galaxies away.... Great Job Lincoln, almost done.... Look really good....