Bluechulappa's 89Turbo restoration

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
Bluechulappa;1227754 said:
Finished! Going to let them dry over night to see if I need to touch up anything. Should I apply a clear coat over them to protect the paint job or no?
p1227977_1.jpg

p1227977_2.jpg

Nice work! Those cam covers look great.

Love the attention to detail.

How long do you think it will be till you have her all back together?

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
www.houstonareasupras.com
Well the mechanic guy from my dad's work that helped me take the engine out is coming over this Saturday to help me assemble. My dad thought we would have it all assembled then but I told him there is no need to rush that fast. I wanna make sure things are right! We should at least have the head fastened down, along with the oil pan and some accessories possible.

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
Thanks God I'm getting my 7mgte head back this week. It better hurry up before I paint the whole damn car! I've found painting to be a good pass time while your waiting for parts to come.:naughty:

Painted my nasty looking thermostat housing. Working on getting all new sensors to put in it!
p1228345_1.jpg

p1228345_2.jpg

p1228345_3.jpg

What color do you guys like the heat sheilds?
p1228345_4.jpg

I had previously painted them gloss black but originally wanted them silver color like stock. Now that I found a chemical to easily remove paint I am doing them silver. Does it look better than the black?

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
[What color do you guys like the heat sheilds?
p1228382_1.jpg

I think you should leave them black and add pink pokadots to them...:biglaugh:

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
Bluechulappa;1228345 said:
Painted my nasty looking thermostat housing. Working on getting all new sensors to put in it!
p1228816_1.jpg

I am really impressed with how this has turned out. I like the theme of new stock looking that you are going with. :thumbup:

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
Thanks. Yea I was originally going to paint a lot of parts black but I have found silver to have a better finished look and it's growing on me! I'm worried about painting the mainfolds and 3000 pipe so I may just spit shine them to as new as possible!

Saturday I should have major progress in this thread so stay tuned!

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
Bluechulappa;1229415 said:
All Finished... Thanks for looking everyone and thanks for the help and support!
sm_photo_missing.jpg

THE END

Wow, that was really fast... But how did the paint come off your thermostat housing soo fast... I like the nice old and used for over 200,000 miles look...:evil2:

Patch

Aug 25, 2008
Houston
Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa.

Yesterday I read this thread and you didn't have a head. Today I wake up and its done?

I'm so lost. Pics of assembly? Install? Does it run good? If so, isn't it mod time? IE 57 trim. Turbo, 550cc injectors, oil catch can, etc etc... lol! :D.

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
Just Kidding

Ricky Bobby called me late this afternoon to inform me that my head was finished and ready to be picked up! Tomorrow after school I will be heading downtown to pick both heads up. Hopefully my little tC can hold the weight of the two heads plus my dual 10" sub box :evil2:

Finished painting the heat shields today...
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Will have some progress on this big hunk of iron soon!
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Also a little worried about my new dipstick. It's shorter than the one that was in there.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Looks like the high and low marks are at the same spots... Just missing the longer tip but I doubt this will matter. Right?
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

supramk3turbo

Dec 3, 2008
Norway
Nice job, looking really good.

The dipstick is no problem as you say, the marked field is what's important, and it looks like they are on the same place.

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
I think you should change the dipstick, this is a make or break decision..... This can defently ruin your motor and even make your car explode.... Get one with the same length tip...

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
Sside;1230098 said:
I think you should change the dipstick, this is a make or break decision..... This can defently ruin your motor and even make your car explode.... Get one with the same length tip...

I know but if you look at the markings they are exactly the same as far as the H and L levels. the only thing is missing is the little tip on the bottom end. I would think it would read oil exactly the same way. Plus if I were to read no oil on the new dipstick but a tiny bit on the tip on the old stick I think I would already be royally fucked wouldn't you say?