Bluechulappa's 89Turbo restoration

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
Bluechulappa;1227288 said:
Thanks Derek for helping me prepare my valve covers for paint!
sm_photo_missing.jpg

You're welcome for the primer Derek used to prepare your valve covers :p lol........

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
Bluechulappa;1227303 said:
Heh I remembered Derek saying that was your primer!

Lol, yup!... I love that stuff... It helped me do awesome paint jobs on parts for my car, Ill show you when My engine gets back and I start taking pics hehe...

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
www.houstonareasupras.com
Sside;1227308 said:
Lol, yup!... I love that stuff... It helped me do awesome paint jobs on parts for my car, Ill show you when My engine gets back and I start taking pics hehe...

Do they sell it at Home Depot? I don't wanna make a special trip to the auto store but I think I might have to. Should have gotten primer while I was there today!

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
Bluechulappa;1227350 said:
Do they sell it at Home Depot? I don't wanna make a special trip to the auto store but I think I might have to. Should have gotten primer while I was there today!

I actually got it from Wal-Mart... They should have it at Home Depot... Its called RustOleum or something like that, Just make sure it has the picture of the red car on the front... A can is 3.49..

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
www.houstonareasupras.com
So I'm painting tonight and having a few beers! Here's whats happening.

After Primer I used duplicolor aluminum engine enamel.
p1227625_1.jpg

p1227625_2.jpg

Oh while I'm taking pictures I thought I should throw this one in!:evil2:
p1227625_3.jpg

So then I masked the sides of the stripes and very carefully hand painted some red caliper paint on to the stripes!
p1227625_4.jpg

How it's coming... Still drying... I know it's not perfect. I could have sanded more but I am happy with the results and they look a million times better than they were previously! So I am happy!
p1227625_5.jpg

More to come when I finish...

toy fanatic78

addicted to toy's
Oct 17, 2008
Elkhart,IN
They do look good,pretty much covered for the most part anyways.Those lines were always a PITA,even more so on the ge cam covers.
S side. Are those charcoal or satin black?

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
They are storm grey actually lol, I wanted the darkest grey possible but the camera's flash gives the outcome of these old tem's covers no justice hehe... And about the foam, Were do I get some?!!!!!! I been searching for the actual ones but found nothing :/...

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Looking good. I would probably put a clear coat over them just to help protect it from nicks and scratches. I'm not a professional painter though.

toy fanatic78

addicted to toy's
Oct 17, 2008
Elkhart,IN
Sside;1227699 said:
They are storm grey actually lol, I wanted the darkest grey possible but the camera's flash gives the outcome of these old tem's covers no justice hehe... And about the foam, Were do I get some?!!!!!! I been searching for the actual ones but found nothing :/...

I found a 3' square of it in the warehouse at work,they didn't know where it came from,said I could have it.