Bluechulappa's 89Turbo restoration

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
www.houstonareasupras.com
Okay I'll try and do it tomorrow for you guys. My hid kit is 100% waterproof. Even the bulb can be submerged in water. I used black zip ties for my ballast but you can't hardly see the ballasts and can't see the wiring harness except for the red power wire that goes to the positive terminal of the battery.

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
Just read this thread from start to finish, awesome build, congrats to you, the car was a real find I have to say

I have a few questions

any way of finding out what paint they used on your interior pieces?

did you get round sorting out how to paint the Toyota Supra writing on the rear moulding white?

when you paint the car did you consider painting those mouldings the same color as the car? could look sweet

again props on the awesome build, OEM new parts goodness always makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside, tho for us in Australia nearly everything I go to order is not available but seems to be in stock in the US still :(

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
Thanks man...

The paint was some sort of PPG paint from the body shop. My dad won't tell me more cause he basically doesn't know haha.

I haven't painted the supra writing on the rear moldings as of yet. Been doing some other stuff and my dad hasn't been able to take them in. I think he was getting a pin striper guy from his work to do it by hand but he wants to match the same white as the new oem turbo badge. Again haven't gotten around to it.

And YES! I decided to keep my old set of moldings and I want to have them painted to match next time some parts go in for paaint. I just need an extra one of the center tail piece because that is all one piece with the moldings

My dad has been very surprised at the stuff available for this car. Most of the interior stuff is no longer available but most everything else is! It's funny cause we wonder how long some of these parts have set on shelves because he will order a oem piece, get it a few days later and the bag or wrapping will be covered in dust sometimes. Interesting stuff

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
Rainy day calls for working on cars... I'm working on my scion tC's fender today. I crushed it over a year ago and finally got a new painted fender. The old fender was easy to remove but the new one is proving to be hard to hang, and get all the gaps the same!!! Grr

On a side note I still need to get pics up of my ballasts. Also got 1 new grill for the supra! :)

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
Hey blue, wuts up? wuts new with the ride. Havent seen your thread in some time. My head comes in from shop 2morro :)... Yippie!!

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
JDM is painting my head covers :)... They are looking amazing. And JDM you car has a gr8 interior 2. Mine smells like old flooded car :(.

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
Fool, my car does not smell like a new car inside are you on crack?

these smell new though :biglaugh:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
Bluechulappa;1098483 said:
Fool, my car does not smell like a new car inside are you on crack?

these smell new though :biglaugh:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Wow, i mean wow you smelled them? but yeah wow they are gonna look good when ya put emm on your car. Just Wow

bryanintexas

aaarrrrrggghhhh!!!!!
Apr 4, 2005
spring, texas
Bluechulappa;1117742 said:
New work light in my shop:love: Puts off no heat!
And I replaced the front turn signals! They look awesome pics coming soon
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Dude, your garage/shop is way too frickin' clean!:aigo: Keep up the good work! Hopefully I'll get to see this thing in person one day.

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
Okay so my supra failed the low speed emissions test(15 mph). I have apexi intake, DDP, HKS Sport Turbo Exhaust with 3" high flow cat. The mechanic thinks I don't drive the car enough. Which I don't. He recommended me filling all the way up with 93 octane and using some fuel additive (I used Lucas) from the auto store and go on a trip or drive the heck out of it and run the gas down to empty then fill up again. Should this work or am I wasting my time?

If I can't pass I'm going to sell my 3" Titan motor sports cat and but a test pipe and have the car passed:evil2:

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
Bluechulappa;1119759 said:
Okay so my supra failed the low speed emissions test(15 mph). I have apexi intake, DDP, HKS Sport Turbo Exhaust with 3" high flow cat. The mechanic thinks I don't drive the car enough. Which I don't. He recommended me filling all the way up with 93 octane and using some fuel additive (I used Lucas) from the auto store and go on a trip or drive the heck out of it and run the gas down to empty then fill up again. Should this work or am I wasting my time?

If I can't pass I'm going to sell my 3" Titan motor sports cat and but a test pipe and have the car passed:evil2:

Your car won't pass for sure if you take the cat off, that is if you're doing it the legal way ;). Leave the cat on and drive the car a while before having it tested, that way it'll be hot. Fill up with Chevron 93 octane. I've heard that helps too.

Good luck.