Bluechulappa's 89Turbo restoration

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
www.houstonareasupras.com
Yea I'm going to throw dereks stock cat on there probably tomorrow and drive it and possibly take it back for reinspection this weekend. If it still fails I will have to pay to have it passed :p

Will I get a ticket for driving without inspection? I have the paper work that said I took it in and failed but I can take it back in 15 days. It also says that "This is not a permit to drive a defective vehicle" So will the cop just be nice or will I most likely get a fix it ticket? The mechanic told me to take the car on a long trip/drive so I'm worried...

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
Bluechulappa;1120870 said:
Yea I'm going to throw dereks stock cat on there probably tomorrow and drive it and possibly take it back for reinspection this weekend. If it still fails I will have to pay to have it passed :p

Will I get a ticket for driving without inspection? I have the paper work that said I took it in and failed but I can take it back in 15 days. It also says that "This is not a permit to drive a defective vehicle" So will the cop just be nice or will I most likely get a fix it ticket? The mechanic told me to take the car on a long trip/drive so I'm worried...

I still got ya if ya need... This some mob $hit... its funny ass hell... The dude like who the f-are they.. If i bring people.... But yeah, if you need sticker... I got ya... :evil2:

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
So my dad brought home a lot of junk the other day since they moved to a new shop. I was about to throw this mint and extremly clean old toyota single din deck in the trash... It doesn't even have a cd player lol but my double din toyota unit has been giving a lot of static. I thought it was the external amp so I plugged in my 2005 scion tC double din that is internally amped and no static. I plugged this single deck in but have to use the same amp from the double din. So far no static whatsoever and the reception is way better. Maybe the problem is inside the double din... I will try this for awhile and look for a cd deck for below or find a whole new deck at the salvage yard!
p1143232_1.jpg

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
Got my test pipe today. Stupid titan motorsports delivered to my old address so had to drive and pick it up :( Even though my reciept said ship to my new address... Oh well its here so I'm happy. Didn't look like it would fit but I think it will... I am waiting on some bolts and nuts so I can loose the stupid hanging bracket.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
UPDATE- I am getting the windows tinted tomorrow finally after over a year of talking about it... :( Should I get legal tint or slightly like 5% or 10% darker than the legal 35% I think it is?

Oh and some new pics after I washed her up after the test pipe installed!
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

I am about to remove my manual boost controller as I cannot get it set lower than fuel cut so going back to stock maybe with my full exhaust and intake I will boost right to ten and not hit FC!

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
Stay legal on the tint. You can get your rear windows darker than your doors. Don't give the coppers anymore reasons to pull you over.

My 86.5 boosted to 8 psi with just a 3" exhaust and stock airbox. My 91 with stock exhaust is doing good to boost over 4 psi, although I don't try to hard...you know...still on stock headgasket....::crossing fingers::

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
Well I've got a few jobs coming up for some good money! I think I will use it on injectors and lexus afm and supporting stuff! So I can boost to 12 or so safely. Okay I will stick with legal tint! You have a good point, why give the cops any more reason! Thanks... :)

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
Tint is done! Took a year... I need to post some pics.

My A/C is having problems now. I was driving home yesterday when I noticed the A/C wasn't blowing hard. Shortly there after it began to smell very sweet almost like fresh baked cookies. It went on and on and got worse smelling so I cut it off and put the window down. The A/C barely blows but it is still cold. What could it be? Do I need more coolant or did something break finally?

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
Bluechulappa;1154306 said:
Tint is done! Took a year... I need to post some pics.

My A/C is having problems now. I was driving home yesterday when I noticed the A/C wasn't blowing hard. Shortly there after it began to smell very sweet almost like fresh baked cookies. It went on and on and got worse smelling so I cut it off and put the window down. The A/C barely blows but it is still cold. What could it be? Do I need more coolant or did something break finally?

Is your blower (fan) working at all? Maybe it bit the dust.

Hey, any word on how that lip would be???

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
Woah so I just noticed that the harness that goes to the two small accessories fans a/c related right? well the harness was resting on the belt and was being worn away. There is a tiny part of exposed wire. Could it have shorted out or something maybe blown a fuse? Is the fuse for the a/c under the dash? Cause the fuses in the engine bay all look good.