Bluechulappa's 89Turbo restoration

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
I see a resonator but still hearing straight flowing 7ms is like the only way to go, what exhaust you bolting up to it?

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
www.houstonareasupras.com
Time for Fuel Uprgrades :evil2:

So I found some Lucas 550cc injectors w/clips I plan on purchasing this week!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PTE-...010QQitemZ200204969568QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

Need to know some things as I am new to this. I have been searching around here and other places online about the lexus afm upgrade mod. What all will I need to pull this off?

List:
1)550cc Injectors
2)Walpro Fuel Pump
3)Lexus AFM

-Things I'm not sure about and kinda scare me :1zhelp:
4)AFPR?
5)AFC or SAFC?
6)Possible wideband

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
by the way, if you buy those particular injectors from that particular seller...I suggest immediately sending them off to be charted. That particular seller is the one that was involved in some controversy over the supposed "flow matching" they do (or dont do). Also dont expect to recieve the flow sheet they say they will send. no one I know who ordered from them got one.

I didnt flow mine...and the guy who bought it recently melted a piston...coinicidence? I dont know.

as for 4,5 and 6 you dont NEED them but they are nice to have for more control and tunability. They can be added later. In my opinion they make an otherwise simple mod more complicated than it needs to be. If you go with the last 3 be prepared to do more tuning.

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
And my daily driver scion tC is now down. :3d_frown: Freakin a/c expansion valve is shot. So I have to take the entire dash and crap off to get to it. Not under warranty anymore and it would cost over 1k to fix. :cry:

Looks like my supra will be my DD for now. I opted to wait a little while on my fuel mods till I can save a little more. gas prices come down. And I become a little more knowledgable about the mod itself.

I ordered Hella replacement headlights and a 5000k H4 hid kit. Should all be here by saturday! I really need to fix my radio interference as well but cant seem to find a filter for the interference? I've looked at radio shack and circuit city with no luck. Also window tint is in the works soon. Hell summer will be over before I get it haha

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
I really dunno. I found out that the 2004-2005 xB's have a TSR bulletin out for their A/C's not blowing enough cool air in warm climate area's? Maybe Toyota should look into tC's. Who knows. Kinda disappointing when you have an almost antique 20 year old car with a flawless a/c out performing a car built just 4 years ago.:3d_frown:

bryanintexas

aaarrrrrggghhhh!!!!!
Apr 4, 2005
spring, texas
TSB only applied to Xb's. TC's seem to be popular for pin holes in the condenser core from road trash. At least that's what we see @ work.

Good luck w/ th a/c repair.

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
bryanintexas;1054748 said:
TSB only applied to Xb's. TC's seem to be popular for pin holes in the condenser core from road trash. At least that's what we see @ work.

Good luck w/ th a/c repair.

Would you see a leak coming from the condenser? I am not sure it's the expansion valve. Toyota ppl at my dad's work said the condenser isn't leaking. all the freeon levels are perfect. Think they said only thing it could be is the dryer or the expansion valve? But will the condenser show leaks if they are pin whole size?

bryanintexas

aaarrrrrggghhhh!!!!!
Apr 4, 2005
spring, texas
Bluechulappa;1054991 said:
Would you see a leak coming from the condenser? I am not sure it's the expansion valve. Toyota ppl at my dad's work said the condenser isn't leaking. all the freeon levels are perfect. Think they said only thing it could be is the dryer or the expansion valve? But will the condenser show leaks if they are pin whole size?

It may have a dirty/oily area if it was leaking. Does it freeze up on you? Meaning start cooling, and then stop, although it's running? If so, sounds like an expansion valve or trash in the line clogging it from a deteriorating drier element.

Did they shoot it w/ dye and check for leaks? A pinhole leak w/o dye seems as is it would be a bitch to find.

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
No the a/c runs at full blast but just puts out barely cool air. I drove the car for 30 min and the cabin never cooled of a bit. I dunno if they injected it with a dye or not but I'll find out.

To replace the valve it calls for the dash to be removed but I was told the top dash only comes out with windshield removal. So I dunno whats gonna happen. I'm starting to hate the car every day. Last night it got hailed on :cry:

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
Yea, I trust the glass roof better than the thin body panels of the car lol. My roof doesn't rattle actually. But I have a messed up fender, missing fender liner and missing several of those under engine covers on the bottom of the front end. It's getting to the point where my tC neeeds more of a restore job than the supra.

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
gtimportfanatic;1056017 said:
this car was brought back from 1989 off a toyota lot lol

Haha thanks. I guess that was a compliment? :evil2:

My 5k HID kit waiting for my Hella Ecodes
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
Update**

I am waiting on Mr. UPS man to show up with my Hella E-codes today! I already wired up my HID harness and its perfectly hidden! Looks stock under the hood. I need to mount the ballasts though but I am waiting to get the housings before doing so... I really like this light from the 5k! It is white compared to the 8k kit in my scion tC which is fairly blueish!

Also my Scion tC a/c got repaired. What a pain:3d_frown: