Bluechulappa's 89Turbo restoration

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
Bluechulappa;1078421 said:
Update**

I am waiting on Mr. UPS man to show up with my Hella E-codes today! I already wired up my HID harness and its perfectly hidden! Looks stock under the hood. I need to mount the ballasts though but I am waiting to get the housings before doing so... I really like this light from the 5k! It is white compared to the 8k kit in my scion tC which is fairly blueish!

Also my Scion tC a/c got repaired. What a pain:3d_frown:

waitin for the brown fairy

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
www.houstonareasupras.com
Okay so the brown fairy finally came! Been waiting about a month for these lamps.... :aigo: On with the pictures

Hella E-code Housing
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Stock Halogen Housing
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Stock is to the left and 5000k is to the right as you should be able to tell
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Again stock~
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Hella
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Comparison
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

I am really impressed at the cutoff from the Hella E-code housings. They are way better than I was hoping for. I have adjusted my lamps downward and they do not glare/ blind other drivers.

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
Bluechulappa;1079147 said:
:sarcasm: hmm I have an opinion on that one lol

not if i have anything to say about it :icon_razz

Still love your car if only it was a pre89 though :sarcasm:

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
I wired it so that you only can see 1 wire on the entire system. The red power wire going to the positive terminal. You can't see the ballasts or anything. If you pop the hood you would not know anything has been done! The kit comes with a harness that is basically plug and play. Super simple...

I get all my HID kits from mobile HID.

Oh and to derek~ 89+ is where its at. Lets have a shine off lmao :D

Last edited:

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
SupraDreamPDR;1079335 said:
Just caught up on your updates. Looking good, I am loving the new headlights. What are you future plans? A full-body respray? Upgraded turbo with the fuel mods?

Really the paint matches and looks good all over. We may have pieces sprayed a couple at a time. Like 3 piece spoiler, and hood and headlights.

In the future I want to take the engine and tanny out and rebuild the engine with mostly factory parts. Then have it prepped for a mhg and do a fuel/air upgrade along with turbo upgrade or rebuilt with larger trim...

10secdream~ I know what you mean man. They took forever to come in. I placed my order over a month ago. But I am happy with them. Very surprised by the cutoff :love:

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
Bluechulappa;1079598 said:
Really the paint matches and looks good all over. We may have pieces sprayed a couple at a time. Like 3 piece spoiler, and hood and headlights.

In the future I want to take the engine and tanny out and rebuild the engine with mostly factory parts. Then have it prepped for a mhg and do a fuel/air upgrade along with turbo upgrade or rebuilt with larger trim...

10secdream~ I know what you mean man. They took forever to come in. I placed my order over a month ago. But I am happy with them. Very surprised by the cutoff :love:

and you doubted me :nono:

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
What I did today~ replace the factory battery ground system thingy. The one that was on there wasn't properly grounded, someone had ghetto fab'd it :3d_frown:

So out with the old POS
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Someone had cut off the original negative ground terminal and fabbed this gayness one! I have a brand new OEM one now :evil2:

Misc pics... from camera phone
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

And someone asked for a comparison between 8000k and 5000k
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

As you can tell the 5000k has basically no blue tint whereas the 8000k has a good deal of blue tint! I like the ones I chose for each car!