Blue CC Temp Display!

BRIAN

Supramania Contributor
Jan 7, 2006
socal
Sl1dewaysSupra said:
Quick kinda off topic question. Will the 89+ Temp display fit a pre-89 dash?
yeah I have an 87 and my entire interior is upgraded to 89+

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
BAD BRIAN said:
ok cool, so just for the temp display you put a tint over it or is there a green tint on it that you took off then put tint on it.

The tint I referred to is only to replace the green piece that's already in there. It's used so when the CC temp display is off you aren't looking at components. The green really needs to go if you're switching to a different color display, otherwise it'll change the color of your new display. I just used light grey tint for this purpose. If you look at your CC while the car's off, you'll see the display area is green.... not mine or bluefalcon's, it's just black when off.

The different color in the display is from changing the 7 segment display module to one with the desired color LEDs in it.

CRE

Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
I should think so.... They're typically not very cheap though. If they don't have them you could try ebay, or possibly another member who has a non-USDM TEWD. I think North America only had the digital CC, so possibly a TEWD from just about anywhere else should work, as long as you read the language.

When did this become a wiring thread? It's okay, *I* don't mind, but it is OT.

CRE

Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
Kai said:
Hehe - sorry, hands up, you caught me for a thread hijack ;)

Going to have a looksee inside the unit anyway before i install it, change the LED's and 7-segment :)

:biglaugh: It's all good, after all it is a conversion thread!

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
CRE - i'm still trawling through about 20 different 16-pin dual digit 7-segments from various manufacturers - got a pinout for the direct replacement ones that i can use to check?

Finnon - Yeah if i get it set up, i'll post it up.

CRE

Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
Kai said:
CRE - i'm still trawling through about 20 different 16-pin dual digit 7-segments from various manufacturers - got a pinout for the direct replacement ones that i can use to check?

Finnon - Yeah if i get it set up, i'll post it up.

I could swear I PM'd you about that already. I'm at work and don't have the PN with me, but I was sure I'd sent you the PN for a pin compatible LiteOn display in red.

CRE

Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
Yeah, I checked my Sent Items:

CRE said:
The red, dual 7 seg. display by LiteOn is a pin compatible unit. the part number is: LDD-A406NI

I sure as hell wouldn't complain about finding a display which is a straight swap... in most cases you have to at least extend the pins though that can be a bit of a headache unless you wire wrap the extension wire onto those of the new display. That way it doesn't fall loose when you heat the PCB end and fall out.

EDIT: YES! For those of you wanting a red CC display the Lumex display: LDD-A406NI is a direct swap. Just go to DigiKey and search either that PN or theirs: 67-1447-ND

Oh, and the manufacturer of that display is Lumex, not LiteOn.

Last edited:

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member