600hp mkiii vs 07 zo6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
upgradedsupra said:
Don't even start on that shit. It would be nice for this thread to stay clean for once :nono:

:biglaugh:

Duane

lol. I just said that because the guy didn't even know what turbo he was going to use for his big power goal. It had nothing to do with the 7M in general.

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
IJ. said:
I really don't get the whole "race gas" thing......

I build so the car will make xxxrwhp 24/7 filling up anywhere I drive.

Some people end up running race gas all the time cause they're so rich :D

But yeah IMO, it's pointless if you gut your car out/tune it for race gas when it's not normally like that on the street, but yeah....

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
I'm only building and buying for pump gas too.

I may tune or dyno with 100 but that's only because I have 100 avaible to me at a pump only 10 minutes away from my house, so it's not a big hassle.

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
IJ. said:
I can get 110>115 Propane here but it's only available at a single chain so I stick with the normal 104 pump LPG that's everywhere. (not a huge drop in power so no biggie)

You get 104 from pump there? You bastard :aigo:

Duane

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I would love to have the option of 100octane. I'd have alot better chance of getting homemade 100proof than 100 octane.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
IJ, if you had to tune your car to run 93 octane, you'd be wanting some race gas. The only reason you don't is because you have the option of 104 or higher. I don't. I can only get 110 at the racetrack and they're only open on saturday nights.

bmoss85

Permanently Banned Scammer
Apr 14, 2007
clemmons, nc
i have looked at few that are capable of my power goal just havent made any deff. decisions yet. im still cant decide if im going bb turbo yet either.

vas85

SupraNut
Sep 29, 2006
Sydney, AU
IJ. said:
A lot of the guys here throw "600rwhp" around like it's common/easy to achieve.......

lol atleast i'd only tout 250rwhp as easy to achieve :D

IJ. said:
I really don't get the whole "race gas" thing......

I build so the car will make xxxrwhp 24/7 filling up anywhere I drive.

I think it's an American/Canadian thing.... lol

Last edited:

vas85

SupraNut
Sep 29, 2006
Sydney, AU
bmoss85 said:
its in the works now, i hope to be finished with evrything but the paint by springtime. im not saying its an a very easy goal its just been my goal for sometime now. im not just throwing it around like so many do, i have actually been doing my homework. and im not building my car just to outrun my friends zo6. also i think he paid $70,000 for his car and ill have no where near that in mine.

I think a Z06 costs $240,000 in Australia... if you were to get one in from GM. My god what you can do to a Supra for that money... and that much money for only 505bhp? stinks.

sluggo42

Aug 9, 2007
Socal
I realize at the ripe old age of 22, you do know how to control that type of HP, I guess I would only ask that you do your racing on the track, so as not to take other people out. If this is, and was your original intent and goal, then I retract my statement, apologize, and request that you video this race, so that I can cheer your supra on to beat that vette.

bmoss85

Apr 14, 2007
clemmons, nc
the track is the only place to race, ive had to many friends hurt and killed doing dumb things on the street. ive got kids to worry about to be out driving like a maniac. i will admit its alot of power, ive driven a big block chevy with similiar power, it was scary fast.

cml61386

Jun 28, 2007
Buffalo, NY
vas85 said:
I think a Z06 costs $240,000 in Australia... if you were to get one in from GM. My god what you can do to a Supra for that money... and that much money for only 505bhp? stinks.
But isn't there other cars there that are compareable for alot less money then the vette? I'm going to spell this wrong so i'm sorry ahead of time. Holden Monaro is the US verison of the Pontiac GTO right? I have no clue how much one goes for but if you put that much money into one of those. I would think you would have quite a car but much rather invest in supra parts though.

suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
Down Like A Clown Charley Brown
MRSUPRA said:
A 600rwhp MK3 should easily outrun a C6 Z06. A 500rwhp MK3 and a C6 Zo6 would be a close race.

Dude...it so doesn't work like that.

There are a lot more factors than 500hp vs 600hp. To name a few:

Suspension

Gearing

Tires (better bring slicks, and know how to work them for temp, if you want to hook-up) which brings up:

Lane choice and someone who can stage you and keep you on the sticky stuff, you don't want to blaze new trails at the strip.

Stick or Auto, (auto's better for drag racing, especially w/ high stall spd. T/Q)

Driver

Luck (the most important factor if it's not going your way)

Last thought, knowing how to fix stuff at the track, quickly when stuff goes wrong, cause more times than not it will.

I've seen lots of dyno queens and no-traction cars with tons of hp lose to cars with way less power.

:icon_bigg

bmoss85

Apr 14, 2007
clemmons, nc
i agree with you suprabad, both cars a manauls. a nice set of drag radials i think will work fine. hes gonna be running stock tires im sure. traction is gonna be my biggest problem. i think ill throw in a 4:30 lsd for track days. our local track 1/8th mile.

Last edited:

vas85

SupraNut
Sep 29, 2006
Sydney, AU
cml61386 said:
But isn't there other cars there that are compareable for alot less money then the vette? I'm going to spell this wrong so i'm sorry ahead of time. Holden Monaro is the US verison of the Pontiac GTO right? I have no clue how much one goes for but if you put that much money into one of those. I would think you would have quite a car but much rather invest in supra parts though.

They are between 80-100k AUD for a non monaro but HSV GTS Commodore VE...(307kw) but then at the end of the day its a family based car, with a chassis designed for 5doors as opposed to our much loved car which is made as a coupe from day 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.