3P's TCCS Disassembly/Analysis

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
Yes, the Lex meter input can be arbitrarily scaled. The routines for reading that meter are complex, so I have not unraveled the whole computation process, but plan to keep working on it.

There is a lot to do before this could be considered ready for general use. The software, in particular, needs a lot of work to make it do what it needs to.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
To bad this isn't 1988 when HKS decided they would just scale the input signal and charge like they gave you an ECU that is programmed.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
3p141592654;1676224 said:
Yes, the Lex meter input can be arbitrarily scaled. The routines for reading that meter are complex, so I have not unraveled the whole computation process, but plan to keep working on it.

There is a lot to do before this could be considered ready for general use. The software, in particular, needs a lot of work to make it do what it needs to.

this is more a curiosity than anything but what is the likelihood of being able to convert to speed density?

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
Yup, I should have a video soon. It is finally running properly. Had some issues with the G1/G2 signals , and how we implemented their detection in the FPGA causing an intermittent miss. All sorted out now.

This shows the issue, every so often we would latch the G1 or G2 signal twice in a row, both edges, causing the cranksector variable to be reset and a slight miss. I believe something similar happens to other people who experience a random miss at idle, but their problem is more likely a weak CPS signal.

p1685060_1.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
Here's a video of the modified factory ECU installed and running., so yeah, it runs and the MIL light is finally off. Included in the video for your amusement is my lame ability to insert a USB connector into the computer, sorry!

[video=youtube;FCt3sp5_X84]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCt3sp5_X84[/video]

Next is a screen capture of the data log from the above run. The main point is that the last two columns are engine load and rpmx5 as computed by the ECU (in hexadecimal).
The rest of the columns are less interesting unless you spend some time with the code. For completeness they are

Columns are (from left to right ):
All data in hexadecimal
First 5 columns are Registers
PortA PortAL PortB PBCS LDOUT DOUT PortC PortD RAM SSD
Last 9 columns are 16 bit RAM variables
addresses 41, 43, 45, 47, 49, 4A, 4C, LOAD, RPMx5

[video=youtube;bLQfnCDiBWc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLQfnCDiBWc[/video]

Finally, here is an extremely boring trip around the neighborhood at speeds up to 30mph :aigo: to show it runs okay! :)

[video=youtube;pQh3c3eWi0A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQh3c3eWi0A[/video]

Last edited:

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Nick M;1676434 said:
To bad this isn't 1988 when HKS decided they would just scale the input signal and charge like they gave you an ECU that is programmed.

If it were, I suspect that by now our friend Π would be rich beyond his wildest dreams right now, and Supra engine management would be 20 years ahead of it's time.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Supracentral;1685683 said:
If it were, I suspect that by now our friend Π would be rich beyond his wildest dreams right now, and Supra engine management would be 20 years ahead of it's time.

How very true!

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
KicknAsphlt;1685748 said:
If you make sure the little 'usb' logo is facing up on the connector when you go to plug it in, you're golden....lol.

True, but I swear that the ones on my laptop are on upside down!
But on second thought, maybe it's my brain that's on upside down. lol

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
It is not practical to rewrite the assembly language code to use old-fashioned speed-density D-type engine management. With the availability of high-capacity MAF sensors and a MAF translator all that really should be needed is to scale the input signal accordingly in the factory code. That is something that I am looking at doing short term as it will help those using the Lexus AFM mod as well.

---------- Post added at 10:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 AM ----------

Kai;1685744 said:
Yes, Turbo-A owners that are registered here should all take pictures of their ECU innards. If not...banhammer :p

... and then they can send it to me so I can take a look at how it compares to a standard ECU.