2JZ NA-T in my 87T

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
LOL, yes I am. I love that smiley.

I ran the turbo oil feed line off a sandwich adapter plate, around the back of the engine (over the bellhousing), and around to the turbo.

The BIC motormounts left me a lot of room between the engine and the firewall, a lot more than the 7M so I really doubt there will be a problem with pinching.

You can also run a line over the valvecovers, I've seen a few people do that as well.

ATP Turbo has a great selection of legnths for custom feed and return oil lines, that the route I took. Jon of MDC motorsports is also a great go-to guy when it comes to these custom lines.

I will say that the drain is quite difficult to route if you're using an ebay manifold, if you're going with -10 AN (I'd recommend it), then you should definately look into getting at least a couple of the swivel adapters (90* and 45*) they're a big help.

88supraTT

Oct 2, 2005
around the bend
i emailed R&J today about getting a engine hopefully they send me good news in a couple of days.i am glad i stumbled accross these threads i didn't really want to rebuild my 7m.i am not gonna get much sleep tonight i am so ready to fix my car(been down for 1 month+not driving it since november becouse of weather).to make a short story short got the car out of garage saw a mustang,beat a mustang then rod knock. :aigo:

caleb

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
You'd be supprised how many people are taking this approach, or at least considering it. I've had so many PM's in the past month. I just can't wait for a few of us guys to get everything running reliably so that we can give everyone else some feedback.

Personally, I chose this approach over rebuilding the 7M because its cheap, supposedly reliable, and different.

Say I were to rebuild a 7M, it would be a lot of work, and a lot of money. If anything happens, say I get a bad tank of gas.. I'm screwed. Time to start over. What I've done now, is completely converted my car to run a JZ series engine. If I blow my motor I do not give two shiets. I'll spend $650 and have a new one in a couple days. Swap it out since the hard parts been done.. and I'm back in business with a motor that should take pleanty of abuse.

sao1

Feb 15, 2006
Santa Rosa, CA
hottscennessey,

Did the Stinger came with a wiring diagram specifically for the 7M? Are you running on wasted spark setup? Would the 2JZ have the same firing order as the 7M? What is your dwell %? Is it an internal or external MAP set up? Is your load setting running on MAP or TPS?

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
Sao1, BigAaron from driftmotion has made a specific wiring diagram for the 7M electronics. Yes, this is a wasted spark setup. The 2JZ does have the same firing order as the 7M. My Dwell is 4, as per Aaron's instructions. The map is internal to the stinger, and my load is off MAP for now.

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
Thanks, but that didn't do it. But thats good for people hoping to take this route with the 2JZ and the 7M electronics, it explains what must be done to fit the CPS to the 2JZ head.

Edit: I'm at work so I missed a small part of it talking about installing the CPS 180* out. I'll have to try that.

arz

Arizona Performance
Nov 14, 2005
Mesa, AZ
www.ArizonaPerformance.com
I had never considered this swap. Great idea!!! A local friend stopped by last night and had me drill and tap his upper oil pan so he could install my -10 2JZ oil return line to do this exact same swap.

Looks like Im going to have to make more of those things.

I put a big 1/2 inch socket in that big hole (one where the outside diameter of the socket matches the inside diameter of the hole) and then put a 1/2 inch transfer punch thru the square 1/2 inch drive of the socket and voila a punch mark pretty much in the center. I pilot drilled the mark with a 1/4 inch drill and worked my way up to the maximum diameter.

I used the proper tap drill to tap the holes 8 x 1.25 and left the threaded holes blind so he didnt need to worry about any leaks from there. He was just planning on silicone and gasket material. I recommended facing it off but he and I were both short on time.

Im sure it will be fine.

I will tell him about this thread, Im sure he will have something to share too. He was planning on keeping his 7M electronics for now because of budget issues.

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
I have a favor to ask of you guys..

You know the 7M coil pack, there is a harness that plugs into the coils, that has 3 plugs which have 2 wires each.

For the 1+6 coil.. the colors are Tan + ____
For the 3+4 coil.. the colors are Tan + ____
For the 2+5 coil.. the colors are Tan + ____

The colors are green, black and white, I just need to know which goes to what coil to make sure I didn't mess this up.

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
I'm a lot closer now, thanks! I figured out the car is running lean and stalling, I just need to add in some fuel, and that should do the trick! I'm so happy :)