2008 Supra MKIII - Project 1BYDFALT

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
HKS - I gave up on the ABS unit. I'll just create an aluminum enclosure that is as small as I can make it. Don't want it to be this huge cover you know...

Hero & Lilmiss - Soon as in So on and on and on and on :rolf: I think I'll have it on the ground...."Soon" :D

There's a lot of little things that keep popping up like the drive axle nuts. The OEM ones have a layer of rust and now I'm debating which kind to use.

ARP has a nice set that is $60. I'm debating whether I want to spend $60 on that on not. I've been thinking of getting grade 10.9 steel is it? which is good for 80,000 psi. ARPs are good for 185,000 psi tensile strength...

Lots to do before it comes down on all 4 of its legs... little things delay me and time is not my friend lately :nono:

I don't know why Dave hasn't posted yet, I was at his house yesterday and we started his car up. I took video and gave it to him already...

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Supraholics;1175423 said:
I don't know why Dave hasn't posted yet, I was at his house yesterday and we started his car up. I took video and gave it to him already...

You sir are a jokester, and not a very good one at that..............:3d_frown:

Your car will be running before Dave's is. You two could work together and get both of them done. You have an excuse since you're replacing every freaking bolt on your car. All he needs is a ffim. I've only seen about ten of them for sale lately, but he has to have one built out of candles...........:biglaugh:

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Miguel, your patience is much stronger than mine. Keep it off the ground until you are ready sir. I hate jacking the car up for everything I still need to do.With the detail you are after, I'd think blasting and powder coating would serve you well.

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
suprahero;1175479 said:
You sir are a jokester, and not a very good one at that..............:3d_frown:

Your car will be running before Dave's is. You two could work together and get both of them done. You have an excuse since you're replacing every freaking bolt on your car. All he needs is a ffim. I've only seen about ten of them for sale lately, but he has to have one built out of candles...........:biglaugh:

:rofl: I already told him to buy the parts or just get to it and build it. You will not rush him... he's very strong willed.

DAVE!!! STOP MESSING WITH THE OTHER CARS ALREADY!!! how many times do I have to say that... He's always working on everything else, BUT the Supra... Did you know he has like 13 cars right now???

We should have a Did you know? section for Dave... what do you think???

ForcedTorque;1175519 said:
Miguel, your patience is much stronger than mine. Keep it off the ground until you are ready sir. I hate jacking the car up for everything I still need to do.With the detail you are after, I'd think blasting and powder coating would serve you well.

My patience is running out... I'm DYING to drive it...

I spent like two hours today driving around looking for washers and nuts :3d_frown: You are right though, can't be jacking it up and down... I'll finish what I have to do for now before I get it down...

To be completely honest, I wish I wouldn't have gone all out like this...EVERY little thing is noticeable. At least to me, every little thing, like a very light surface rust on a washer looks bad... It is time & money consuming... I love how it looks, is just that I wish I could drive it already... :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Anyways, I've been messing around in Photoshop because I haven't purchased the wheels yet. I do have a set I'm using for now, but would like something to match the car once is ready to come out and play...

I've been having this thought of changing the look just a bit and going a bit more sporty... just crossing a little bit over from luxury to sporty...

What do you guys think? Initially I chose chrome from my two options which were Red strips or chrome strips... but lately I've been feeling the red look a LOT...

This was a very quick photoshop, don't mind the details:
Work_Varianza_TS1.jpg

bmoss85

Permanently Banned Scammer
Apr 14, 2007
clemmons, nc
that looks sick with the the black and red rims. ive been wondering how some black and white would look on my car. your attention to detail has been amazing!

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
Can you dig this look better than the chrome strips and wheels?

Forced - Yeah, like I said, it was something I put together real quick. If I buy the wheels they'll be at least 9.5 - 10" for the rear.

Most likely 18 X 8.5 Front 18 X 10 Rear

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Supraholics;1176854 said:
Can you dig this look better than the chrome strips and wheels?

Forced - Yeah, like I said, it was something I put together real quick. If I buy the wheels they'll be at least 9.5 - 10" for the rear.

Most likely 18 X 8.5 Front 18 X 10 Rear
Your car is going to be awesome no matter what Miguel, but since you asked......I must be the only one not liking the red wheels. I think black and chrome would look better and it's not my fear of red making me say this. The red wheels just doesn't do anything for me. This is what I call sexy........:love:
badassmkiii_chrome_molding.jpg

buckshotglass;1176894 said:
Yeah ok sure.:)

Shouldn't you be working on your car instead of trying to start arguements..........:evil2:

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
buckshotglass;1176882 said:
Yes.

Wouldn't they be black? I see no red car. ;)

LilMissMkIII;1176889 said:
By "colour-coded" I MEANT rims that match another colour on the car besides the paint :icon_razz

I wouldn't want to do black wheels, just because tooooo many people have them already....Way too many...

suprahero;1177072 said:
Your car is going to be awesome no matter what Miguel, but since you asked......I must be the only one not liking the red wheels. I think black and chrome would look better and it's not my fear of red making me say this. The red wheels just doesn't do anything for me. This is what I call sexy........:love:
badassmkiii_chrome_molding.jpg

Shouldn't you be working on your car instead of trying to start arguements..........:evil2:

Oh Brother! Thanks for messing with my head Jay... :nono:

Honestly, I love them both. Lately I've been having this thing with this look. I need to make up my mind by the time I go out looking for wheels... Thank god I have a lot of other stuff to do before I get there.

I appreciate your honest input though ;) very much appreciated!

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Add a bit of green and we are all good for Christmas. :biglaugh:

Seriously though, you need to get a black car even an MKIV to see the properly anodized look rather than the cartoon photo shop you have there. ;)

Duane

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
You're welcome Miguel. I started not to even post, but I thought you would like to know the truth even if it wasn't what you wanted to hear. I find it very hard to beat glossy black and chrome/ aluminum. Luckily for you though, it's your car and my opinion shouldn't help or hender your decision. But on that same note, don't take Duanes opinion over mine...........:biglaugh:

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
I would never take Duane's advice over yours Jay... :D Duane is just upset my car will be cleaner than his, that's all ;)

Duane, those wheels ARE anodized red, I didn't photoshop the color. Do you like them better than with the chrome strips like Jay was saying?

toy fanatic78

addicted to toy's
Oct 17, 2008
Elkhart,IN
Been checking out your build over the past couple of weeks,wasn't really diggin' the red stripe on the trim at first,but with the red rims I like it.I also like the style of wheel in the pic,as long as they have that polished/chrome lip on them.I would probably suggest painting the rims over getting red anodized just for the fact that red anodizing turns kinda pinkish when it fades a little,painted would stay a more brilliant/or TRUE red longer,and most quality base/clear automotive paints have a good amount of heat resistance to them(painted the spokes on the rims on my cressida about a year ago, pearl white,and have yet to have any yellowing or other problems with the paint on them)Also really like the build,mine is on the same level,just not as far along. Actually just got the rest of the bolts for the suspension from the dealer today. I plan on having mine back on the road by spring,it's just an na,but it's gonna be flawless. Wanna try an na>t but gonna guinea-pig my cressida first as I'm a newbie to turbo anything and I don't want to fuck up my supra(would want to go 2jz with that anyway)Keep up the good work on that car man,glad to see I'm not the only one that picky when it comes to putting theirs back together.

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
i just had a look through the last couple of pages...and I've seen so many pictures that look exactly like some I've taken (mostly the suspension). You're doing some great work there. The por-15 paint rules doesn't it?