2008 Supra MKIII - Project 1BYDFALT

Ga70

The 1G Hotness
May 8, 2006
Tampa Fl.
wow,since the last time i viewed this you have got alot accomplished.very nice and good luck with completing.

cmdeoro

VRROOOMMM!!!!!!.....PSSH!
Jan 21, 2009
Miami
Holy shit dude!!! You are my hero, too!!! I must say what you are doing to the car is god like. I am amazed though...

...that so manypeople keep posting on your thread with barely any pictures and updates...lol.

I can't even get people to post on my thread lol...

I'm gonna keep posted though. Good luck and if there is anything I can help you with let me know.

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
Thanks for the comments.

Nothing is written in stone at this point. I keep debating back and forth. This has been an issue since I started my build. I had two setups in mind, one has chrome strips, the other has red. The wheels would have to match that.

I still like chrome, but I'm seeing more and more people starting to do that. Red, at least the way I want to do it would be a bit more complicated, if not a totally custom job as there are no 1/2 strips that come that way.

I've been having a hard time finding them anyways, if someone knows where to get them, let me know...

One thing I am 100% sure about is, I'm not going to be using the current Chrome strips I have. They are the same size as factory. If somebody wants them, let me know...

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
If you are already considering red wheel centers, have you thought about black centers and red lips? I have seen this on some of the more expensive wheel brands and it can look quite good.

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
I have seen the black center and red lips. I like them as well, but have never tried to photoshop them; probably because I think the chrome/polished lips add a touch of luxury to it.

I wouldn't mind having the carbon fiber center and red lips... for show of course ;)

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
update...

I've talked to several trim companies/distributors with no luck. After searching around so much and not finding exactly what I wanted (sorry, I'm picky. What can I do?), I decided to have my molding strip custom made out of aluminum. I won't be using my chrome strips.

This I find is actually better. I'll be able to anodize them, coat or paint them to match the color of my wheels exactly.

The process is already in the works and I should have pictures soon.

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
Supraholics;1249909 said:
update...

I've talked to several trim companies/distributors with no luck. After searching around so much and not finding exactly what I wanted (sorry, I'm picky. What can I do?), I decided to have my molding strip custom made out of aluminum. I won't be using my chrome strips.

This I find is actually better. I'll be able to anodize them, coat or paint them to match the color of my wheels exactly.

The process is already in the works and I should have pictures soon.

We need to talk about your chrome strips I think ;)

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
hks_trd;1249989 said:
We need to talk about your chrome strips I think ;)

maybe we do :naughty:

cmdeoro;1250133 said:
I believe the proper term for it is "Ballin"

:1zhelp:

johnathan1;1250174 said:
My vote is for polished aluminum/chrome strips, and polished lips with silver wheels. I think the red looks really boy-racerish and cheesy to be honest.

Why don't I drop some 5 spokes work equips while I'm at it? :biglaugh:

I like that combo as well, if I didn't, I wouldn't have spend the time creating photoshops and messing around buying chrome strips, prepping them and all that. But also I'm looking for a new look, original look and I'm starting to see a few people using chrome strips since I started my thread.

Plus, I've had a change of heart. If anything, I can always just recoat everything what ever color I choose, But I think I really like what I'm seeing in my head :naughty:

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
Strips are almost done. So far everything is done except for the q-panels and the rear. Should be done next week. After that is decisions about what coloring method to use.