2008 Supra MKIII - Project 1BYDFALT

toy fanatic78

addicted to toy's
Oct 17, 2008
Elkhart,IN
adampecush;1181931 said:
i just had a look through the last couple of pages...and I've seen so many pictures that look exactly like some I've taken (mostly the suspension). You're doing some great work there. The por-15 paint rules doesn't it?

Yeah,por15 is the shit,especially if the car EVER sees any salt/snow.That's what I did the undercarraige of mine with,then painted & cleared over that.

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
toy fanatic78;1181785 said:
Been checking out your build over the past couple of weeks,wasn't really diggin' the red stripe on the trim at first,but with the red rims I like it.I also like the style of wheel in the pic,as long as they have that polished/chrome lip on them.I would probably suggest painting the rims over getting red anodized just for the fact that red anodizing turns kinda pinkish when it fades a little,painted would stay a more brilliant/or TRUE red longer,and most quality base/clear automotive paints have a good amount of heat resistance to them(painted the spokes on the rims on my cressida about a year ago, pearl white,and have yet to have any yellowing or other problems with the paint on them)Also really like the build,mine is on the same level,just not as far along. Actually just got the rest of the bolts for the suspension from the dealer today. I plan on having mine back on the road by spring,it's just an na,but it's gonna be flawless. Wanna try an na>t but gonna guinea-pig my cressida first as I'm a newbie to turbo anything and I don't want to fuck up my supra(would want to go 2jz with that anyway)Keep up the good work on that car man,glad to see I'm not the only one that picky when it comes to putting theirs back together.

Thanks, I'll have to check out your car later! If I would end up getting those wheels/color combo, they'll be powder coated.

Mr.PFloyd;1181795 said:
red rims = amazing. don't change it

Thanks, I think i just might take your advise ;)

adampecush;1181931 said:
i just had a look through the last couple of pages...and I've seen so many pictures that look exactly like some I've taken (mostly the suspension). You're doing some great work there. The por-15 paint rules doesn't it?

You damn right it rules! I've gone through two pints already.

toy fanatic78;1181940 said:
Yeah,por15 is the shit,especially if the car EVER sees any salt/snow.That's what I did the undercarraige of mine with,then painted & cleared over that.

They also have it in silver. I wish they had it in every color!

suprahero;1181988 said:
I don't even know you anymore..............:3d_frown:

:biglaugh:

I can always switch it. If I go read, is just a matter of chaning the strips. The wheels i can change them or just coat them black...

Is just speculation at this time. I don't know which way I'll go. Just throwing stuff out there and see what you guys think...

:1zhelp:

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
Supraholics;1182320 said:
Thanks, I'll have to check out your car later! If I would end up getting those wheels/color combo, they'll be powder coated.

Thanks, I think i just might take your advise ;)

You damn right it rules! I've gone through two pints already.

They also have it in silver. I wish they had it in every color!

:biglaugh:

I can always switch it. If I go read, is just a matter of chaning the strips. The wheels i can change them or just coat them black...

Is just speculation at this time. I don't know which way I'll go. Just throwing stuff out there and see what you guys think...

:1zhelp:

I have been thinking about this, the red rims may not be a timeless enough style for the Supra. Supras arent a modern fad kind of car, they are more classy. This is just my opinion and sadly being conservative can be boring but the red wheels may lose their novelty after a bit.

Just a thought, as I do think they rock, but then again I am rather conservative

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
xxxotiknightz;1184518 said:
Still not done. But +1 for the red rims

You're still around? But +1 for posting :biglaugh:

hks_trd;1184960 said:
I have been thinking about this, the red rims may not be a timeless enough style for the Supra. Supras arent a modern fad kind of car, they are more classy. This is just my opinion and sadly being conservative can be boring but the red wheels may lose their novelty after a bit.

Just a thought, as I do think they rock, but then again I am rather conservative

Hey Dan! Yup, I was expecting that from you since you said the same when we talked about it. I'm also very conservative in almost every sense of the word, but lately I'm finding myself trying new things. I just may go this way and when I get bored is as simple as switching to chrome strips and coating the wheels black or polished; that's IF I go this way...

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Why stop with red? Why not go with neon green stripes and a huge aluminum wing?

Just kidding. Your car is going to look amazing no matter which route you go. I personally like the black with polished aluminum or chrome, but who cares? I think you should really go with the one you like. What does your wife think of it? I know, I don't usually consult a woman for a man's decission, but maybe she has an opinion. Make sure if you ask her, that you tell her not to get used to having an opinion though unless she's in the kitchen or bedroom..........next thing you know they'll be wanting to vote.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I'm pretty sure he traded his car to Dave for a rollback and then Dave traded the rollback for a NA white package, but I could be mistaken.........:icon_bigg

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
wesbeech;1226019 said:
If i rember right you got some custom made valve covers for this car but i see no pics of them. WTH?

Yes I did! :evil2:

suprahero;1226064 said:
I'm pretty sure he traded his car to Dave for a rollback and then Dave traded the rollback for a NA white package, but I could be mistaken.........:icon_bigg

No I didn't :evil2:

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
Here's an update.

I received today my first of several shipments from Beech Performance Motorsports.

I just wanted to take a moment a post a few images of Wes' products and at the same time give props to Wes... Great guy to work with, the parts are amazing! Believe me when I say the pictures don't do his parts justice... most of you know how picky I am, and is pretty rare for me to come out and rate parts, but these parts deserve it, Wes deserves it!

Most of these parts will be polished or powder coated later. You can click on the images to see a larger image.

Have fun!

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
Wow

Someone has been busy in the background.

This also reminds me, I still need a motor for mine, damn, I knew I forgot something!