Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
9063_image.jpg

I think this Jap dude needs to go into someones sig!!!!!!:biglaugh:

87nasupra

Scotty's Garage
Mar 2, 2006
Jacksonville, FLORIDA !
Well i heard something interesting from the car guy @ the newspaper where i live at........"The 07 Supra will be pushed back till 08 in the states for now, atleast thats what toyota overseas said. So we will have to wait another year. Meanwhile in japan they get it at the end of this year, or so they say". I will find out from him where he got his info from and let you guys know.

Steve_N

Mar 31, 2005
Louisville KY
www.cardomain.com
87nasupra said:
Well i heard something interesting from the car guy @ the newspaper where i live at........"The 07 Supra will be pushed back till 08 in the states for now, atleast thats what toyota overseas said. So we will have to wait another year. Meanwhile in japan they get it at the end of this year, or so they say". I will find out from him where he got his info from and let you guys know.

LoL.. No need. Read my post #35. Good info :naughty:

bluemax

The Family Man
Mar 30, 2005
Orange County, CA
R&T had some spy pictures of what they thought was the LF-A on a track in Japan. But the rumoured price is going to be in the realm of the Porsche Turbo and built to be an Icon car, like Chevy's Z06, not one that makes profit. That would make a hole in Toyotas line of cars. Toyota doesn't have anything to compete with the successful budget minded Nissan 350Z and or the Infinity G35, much less the more expensive, rumoured $70k, 2008 Skyline. With that line up of cars, Nissan would surely take over the Japanese sports car market, not that they already haven't. Toyota is left on the side line.

Many said that Toyota wasn't going to compete with the BMW 3-Series, but they now have the IS350. Toyota is even playing around with a production all-wheel drive IS. Although only available in the 4 banger motor (who knows what they were thinking), but it suggests that Toyota is looking at the Skyline and EVO/WRX realm. Toyota has recently been very aggressive in their development, not like the past Toyota. They have vowed to break big into the very profitable American truck market. So who knows what lurks around the corner.

cjpp78

Apr 3, 2006
lavonia GA
I think that toyota is going to bring back the supra or atleast a car to take its place in the market. There has been a lot of car mag rumors about the red concept car featured in the road and track article as the new supra.
All the rumors seem to point to a 3200lb, 350hp coupe to take on the 350z, its only a matter of time. I do think that by 08 we will have a new toyota sports car based on the IS350 platform.
A light 350hp car will be cool but I do hope that they offer a more powerful engine later in its life

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
cjpp78 said:
I think that toyota is going to bring back the supra or atleast a car to take its place in the market. There has been a lot of car mag rumors about the red concept car featured in the road and track article as the new supra.
All the rumors seem to point to a 3200lb, 350hp coupe to take on the 350z, its only a matter of time. I do think that by 08 we will have a new toyota sports car based on the IS350 platform.
A light 350hp car will be cool but I do hope that they offer a more powerful engine later in its life
man i dont care if they have a 100 hp sporty cr of a 400 hp sports car, i need somethign to look forward to when im older!