2007 supra

RHDMK3

that's it!
Sep 30, 2006
Salem, Oregon
I think we should kidnap some bigwig at Toyota and on the ransom note we should say he wont be released and/or harmed until they bring the Supra back! Who's with me?

RHDMK3

that's it!
Sep 30, 2006
Salem, Oregon
Whats more important getting a Supra back that we probably wont be able to afford or school? I think the Supra issue is more pressing! LOL:)

RHDMK3

that's it!
Sep 30, 2006
Salem, Oregon
BorHor said:
But with out school I can't pay for the supra :aigo:

You bring up a good point. My dad once told me that "There is no honor or romance in poverty." Without an education it'll be hard to have nice things, unless your in the drug trade...

SupraDread

Aug 21, 2006
New York
RHDMK3 said:
I think we should kidnap some bigwig at Toyota and on the ransom note we should say he wont be released and/or harmed until they bring the Supra back! Who's with me?

U could use my basement as an undisclosed location that is the only contribution I can make but I with u lol:biglaugh:

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
Guys, there's currently a sticky in Supraforums.com. After mods closing them down many times, and me requesting to keep them open and asking why they keep closing them, a sticky was created. Here's the first page. Enjoy.

they claim there wont be :

but they claim there will be a 4.6 liter v8 sporty lexus that looks alot like the supra pics we have seen around.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/08...new-sc-in-2008/

lf-a.jpg

here they claim there might be :
A lawyer by training, Fujio Cho capped a 45-year career when he was named president of Toyota Motor Co. in 1999. In the Japanese system, that put him in charge of the country's largest automaker - and a manufacturer some say is poised to knock down the industry's global king-of-the-hill General Motors. At 67, Cho is only the second "outsider" to head Toyota Motor Co. since the members of the founding Toyoda family stepped aside a decade ago.

9063_image.jpg

It has been a period of unprecedented growth, both in sales, profits, and prestige, with Toyota increasingly perceived as an unstoppable juggernaut. Yet during an interview with Car World Publisher John A. Bileci, earlier this month, Cho was not ready to claim victory. "Many things change in the industry, but one thing is constant: the heart of the industry stays here" in the Motor City , he insisted. To back that up, Toyota has been increasing its presence in metropolitan Detroit, with new design and engineering facilities, a large technical center and test track in the planning stage, and rumors flying about a possible Michigan assembly plant.

Cho has been a strong advocate of quality affordable performance cars, such as the the Scion TC, Lexus IS 350, and the upcoming Supra.

CW: Sales of your Scion TC soared last year, as U.S. young people embraced it. But will demand continue for that particular car, or do you think something faster is needed for the future?
CHO: As far as our company is concerned, we continue to believe that price and performance will be a core selling point for years to come. We are doing our best to push the envelope of power while keeping our sports cars affordable.

CW: Your newest sports cars, such as the Lexus IS 350 and 250, are putting an emphasis on acceleration, as well as price for their class. Why?
CHO: The emphasis is also placed on driving performance. I am confident we will be able to further upgrade sports cars in that direction. We want to compete directly with Europe's best as well as America's best on every level.

CW: The Lexus IS series is great for the luxury sport world in terms of price for power, do you plan on making anything for the Toyota name with a better price to performance ratio?
CHO: We are indeed. We are currently making a two seater sports car that is going to blow the competition away, not jut in power, but it price.

CW: Is this the new Supra everyone's been talking about?
CHO: We haven't decided on a name yet, but it was inspired by both the Celica and Supra. We're building the car on the Lexus IS platform.

CW: Can you give us any details on what's under the hood and what kind of performance it will have?
CHO: The car will share the same 3.5 liter V6 that's in the Lexus IS series. We're planning on having two different performance options. We're aiming to have a 300 horsepower version that will cost under $ 28,000 US dollars and another higher performance option that will cost just over $30,000 US dollars, that one will have 350 horsepower.

CW: Wow, sounds impressive, have you tested them yet?
CHO: Of coarse, they both perform great for the price. I think the 0-60 on the premium (350 hp version) is around 4.8 seconds and the base model (300 hp version) is in 5.2 seconds. With that kind of performance, we really think it's going to fly off the lots...well we hope (Cho laughs).

CW: When will we get to see this great new "unnamed" sports car?
CHO: You won't have to wait long at all to see the concept. The production model should only be a year behind that.

2006 november issue claims there will be
click here for thread that claims yes ...pic to follow

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
Are we going to kidnap him to change the next Toyota's sports car to supra? becaue we all know a sports car is going to come sooner or later from toyota, but when....

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
emiliorescigno said:
Fuck this, I want 1992 back. If I wanted a sporty toyota I could choose from a Supra Turbo, MR2 Turbo, and Celica All-trac Turbo, or SC300/400. NOW WHAT THE FUCK IS THERE???? There's the tC....pathetic.

I do agree. But Toyota is in business to make money. The same as every other business. And there is nothing wrong with it. They still make quality vehicles, just a different kind.

Guys, there's currently a sticky in Supraforums.com.
Who gives a fuck, about SF anyway.

Steve_N

Mar 31, 2005
Louisville KY
www.cardomain.com
MKIII-DRIFTKING said:
Guys, there's currently a sticky in Supraforums.com. After mods closing them down many times, and me requesting to keep them open and asking why they keep closing them, a sticky was created. Here's the first page. Enjoy.

they claim there wont be :

but they claim there will be a 4.6 liter v8 sporty lexus that looks alot like the supra pics we have seen around.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/08...new-sc-in-2008/

lf-a.jpg

here they claim there might be :
A lawyer by training, Fujio Cho capped a 45-year career when he was named president of Toyota Motor Co. in 1999. In the Japanese system, that put him in charge of the country's largest automaker - and a manufacturer some say is poised to knock down the industry's global king-of-the-hill General Motors. At 67, Cho is only the second "outsider" to head Toyota Motor Co. since the members of the founding Toyoda family stepped aside a decade ago.

9063_image.jpg

It has been a period of unprecedented growth, both in sales, profits, and prestige, with Toyota increasingly perceived as an unstoppable juggernaut. Yet during an interview with Car World Publisher John A. Bileci, earlier this month, Cho was not ready to claim victory. "Many things change in the industry, but one thing is constant: the heart of the industry stays here" in the Motor City , he insisted. To back that up, Toyota has been increasing its presence in metropolitan Detroit, with new design and engineering facilities, a large technical center and test track in the planning stage, and rumors flying about a possible Michigan assembly plant.

Cho has been a strong advocate of quality affordable performance cars, such as the the Scion TC, Lexus IS 350, and the upcoming Supra.

CW: Sales of your Scion TC soared last year, as U.S. young people embraced it. But will demand continue for that particular car, or do you think something faster is needed for the future?
CHO: As far as our company is concerned, we continue to believe that price and performance will be a core selling point for years to come. We are doing our best to push the envelope of power while keeping our sports cars affordable.

CW: Your newest sports cars, such as the Lexus IS 350 and 250, are putting an emphasis on acceleration, as well as price for their class. Why?
CHO: The emphasis is also placed on driving performance. I am confident we will be able to further upgrade sports cars in that direction. We want to compete directly with Europe's best as well as America's best on every level.

CW: The Lexus IS series is great for the luxury sport world in terms of price for power, do you plan on making anything for the Toyota name with a better price to performance ratio?
CHO: We are indeed. We are currently making a two seater sports car that is going to blow the competition away, not jut in power, but it price.

CW: Is this the new Supra everyone's been talking about?
CHO: We haven't decided on a name yet, but it was inspired by both the Celica and Supra. We're building the car on the Lexus IS platform.

CW: Can you give us any details on what's under the hood and what kind of performance it will have?
CHO: The car will share the same 3.5 liter V6 that's in the Lexus IS series. We're planning on having two different performance options. We're aiming to have a 300 horsepower version that will cost under $ 28,000 US dollars and another higher performance option that will cost just over $30,000 US dollars, that one will have 350 horsepower.

CW: Wow, sounds impressive, have you tested them yet?
CHO: Of coarse, they both perform great for the price. I think the 0-60 on the premium (350 hp version) is around 4.8 seconds and the base model (300 hp version) is in 5.2 seconds. With that kind of performance, we really think it's going to fly off the lots...well we hope (Cho laughs).

CW: When will we get to see this great new "unnamed" sports car?
CHO: You won't have to wait long at all to see the concept. The production model should only be a year behind that.

2006 november issue claims there will be
click here for thread that claims yes ...pic to follow

Well that goes alon with what i have heard & from the NOV issue of Road & Track.

753294_99_full.jpg

There right up on it.

Toyota Supra
Mission: Knock the 350Z off its pedestal.

Rumors of a new Supra from Toyota have been circulating for months, and every piece of information we've come across further validates these rumors. With the Lexus GT 450 serving as the company's halo sports car, Toyota would benefit by having a sports car that's a bit more affordable. With two performance machines in its stable, Toyota would no longer be viewed as simply a producer of reliable and green transportation appliances. And, if what we're discovering about the future Toyota 2-seater is true, then the Supra is poised to displace the Nissan 350Z as Japan's most popular sports car.

There will be both coupe and convertible versions of the car, probably introduced at the same time. The convertible is reported to have a folding hard top and is intended to be more of a boutique car than a serious sports car. The coupe, however, will be just that, equipped with a 5.0-liter V-8 producing 450 bhp and 383 lb.-ft. of torque! This engine will not be available in the open-air model because of rigidity issues. It is said that when Toyota started development of the Supra, it was only in convertible hardtop form with a 4.3-liter V-8. Later in the process, Toyota opted to go with a more powerful engine. But with the additional power came extra loads that the convertible couldn't stand, so the company was forced to create a fixed-roof version of the car.

We expect the V-8 Supra to be priced about $50,000. The more affordable Supra (around $40,000) will come with a 3.5-liter V-6, the same powerplant used in the Lexus IS 350 and GS 350, but tuned to produce more power. We're hearing 350 bhp and 275 lb.-ft. of torque.

The Supra's suspension is one befitting that of a true sports car: upper and lower A-arms up front and a multilink setup at the rear. No doubt the tuning of the shocks and springs will be different in the V-8 and V-6 models, but expect both versions to be relatively firm.

If everything we're hearing is true, Toyota will have a car that'll eclipse the performance of the Nissan 350Z, Mazda RX-8 and Honda S2000. The V-8 Supra may even give the Nissan GT-R a run for its money. Look for the Supra to make its appearance in October of 2007.