1UZ into my MKIII

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
...I say get a beater for $500-1000... it will be so much work to get it running and then later go turbo. I say take care of it in one big step. Thats what I did with my 2JZGE project, and I'm really happy I did.

cjsupra90

previously chris90na-t
Jun 11, 2005
Lakeland, FL
hottscennessey said:
...I say get a beater for $500-1000... it will be so much work to get it running and then later go turbo. I say take care of it in one big step. Thats what I did with my 2JZGE project, and I'm really happy I did.

Yeah, thats what I am thinking about doing and just doing the turbos at the same time as the swap / install.....

oh hottscennessey btw, I am assuming that you go the CPS and there wasn't any problems.... Is this correct?

cjsupra90

previously chris90na-t
Jun 11, 2005
Lakeland, FL
hottscennessey said:
Yea! Thanks Chris! It fixed all my problems.. my car is all up and running, and it arrived right on schedule :)

Glad to hear that all went fine and glad that I was able to help ya out! ;)

cjsupra90

previously chris90na-t
Jun 11, 2005
Lakeland, FL
Sorry for the delay in posting here. I have been so busy between work and other things that I have not had much time at all to work on the project. Everytime I turn around and try to start working on the swap some more, something else comes up and I have to put it off.

TOMA70E said:
So did this ever get finished?

I'm thinking of doing a UZ or UR swap.

Unless money is no object, Id stay away from the UR. They are sopposed to be great engines and all, but they are by no means cheap and although the UZ has a very small aftermarket backing, the UR has none.....

cjsupra90

previously chris90na-t
Jun 11, 2005
Lakeland, FL
OK, I am back now. Sorry for the long delay (dont really care to explain)......

At this moment, there really hasn't been any progress being that I have been away (for lack of better terms) except for the CBR coils came the other day and the two mufflers arived today.

At this moment, most likely its going to be NA for the intial install due to needing to get the motor in and running. I am still planning on Twin turbos, but 2 to 3 grand that its going to cost to go that route will just slow the install and its already been slow enough as it is....

Anyways, I am back and starting where I left off........

cjsupra90

previously chris90na-t
Jun 11, 2005
Lakeland, FL
Time for a revival........

Finally got back to working on my swap.....

Not much has changed but updates will be comming more often now that I am finally back to working on the swap.

The few bits of progress, are purchases which include a different brake booster for clearance reason's, a different clutch mastercylinder being that the slave unit that I am using needs a 3/4 bore insted of the stock 5/8 bore unit. Also, I pair of mufflers and some tubing for the headers. Speeking of which, due to the outragous fuel cost, I am no longer going twin turbo.

The tiny bit of work progress that has been made is the start of the header fabrication.

Material is sus304 for the tubing and sus347 for the flanges. Only the primaries are fitted and tacked for the drivers side. This is the hard side being that the clearance to the steering shaft is extremely tight.

The headers are going to 4-2-1 (tri-y) style.

Sorry for the poor image quality, I forget to bring my camera with me when I started fabbing the header so I had to rely on my crappy cell phone camera.

Attachments

• L-Header01.jpg
    L-Header01.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 22
  • L-Header02.jpg
    L-Header02.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 21
  • L-Header03.jpg
    L-Header03.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 17

cjsupra90

previously chris90na-t
Jun 11, 2005
Lakeland, FL
Well its been a while since my last update, but things have settled down a bit at the moment and have gotton around to doing a bit more and getting a few more parts.

I finally found some time to get into the machine shop at work and machine out my new crank trigger wheel.

Along with that, somemore electrical goody's (fuel injector clips and several differnt Deutsch connectors for the new harness) finally got orderd and came in. The rest of the EMS stuff should be here at the end of the week or begining of next week.

Here are some photos of the new goody's.

More to come in the near future

Attachments

• TriggerWheel01.jpg
    TriggerWheel01.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 29
  • TriggerWheel03.jpg
    TriggerWheel03.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 41
  • Harness Plugs.jpg
    Harness Plugs.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 63