1UZ into my MKIII

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
at least its harder for them to get into trouble, and they have 2 tons of steel around them to keep them safe. let them figure out how to make it faster and still keep it reliable.

cjsupra90

previously chris90na-t
Jun 11, 2005
Lakeland, FL
Now that is some funny shit there..... The only problem is that by time they are 16, MKIII's will be antique's and they'll be like ewww, I dont want that onl think, I want one of them new flying cars or some shit like that. Afterall, there is the guy in Califorina that already has a full scale working prototype built.

I fell in love last night. My neighbor has a Porsche Cayman that he just had a custom twin turbo setup build and installed and just got the car back yesterday. He let me take it for a drive last night and I about came in my pants. If i didnt have a child or two on the way, I'd be selling the supra and all the stuff that I have and puting a nice down payment on one. All that I can say is that its beautiful, a rocket ship, and handles like its on rails. Spanked a Z06 pretty badly. They guy was shocked. We stopped at the gas station and he followed us in just to see the car from all sides and not just the back :biglaugh:

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
ewwww, a porsche SUV. if im getting an SUV its going to be a jeep (has never done me wrong) and if im geting a porsche its NOT going to be watercooled.

cjsupra90

previously chris90na-t
Jun 11, 2005
Lakeland, FL
foreverpsycotic said:
ewwww, a porsche SUV. if im getting an SUV its going to be a jeep (has never done me wrong) and if im geting a porsche its NOT going to be watercooled.

No, not the Cayenne SUV, the Cayman. Its a car!!!!!!!

Its based off the Boxster chassis but its a coupe like a 911

Attachments

• cayman.jpg
    cayman.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 70

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
cjsupra90 said:
No, not the Cayenne SUV, the Cayman. Its a car!!!!!!!

Its based off the Boxster chassis but its a coupe like a 911

well.....its still a watercooled porsche. ill take my flat 6 in aircooled and twin turbo from the factory.

cjsupra90

previously chris90na-t
Jun 11, 2005
Lakeland, FL
After talking with foreverpsycotic in a few PM's and telling him about the headers that I am also building (or well getting ready to) here is a AutoCAD rendering/vid of the drivers side cause that is the side that I wanted to try to figure out befor even starting due to steering shaft clearance. That side at the moment has the correct cylinder pairing for a correct 4-2-1 try-y setup. Due to firing order, the pairing for that side should be 1 & 5, and 3 & 7. I might just do it 1 & 3 and 5 & 7 cause it would make life much easier when building them and after talking with several header designers, they say that the gains from a correct grouping is not worth it if there are 10times harder to build.

Sorry for the quality of the vid. I haven't used the vid feature in AutoCAD2007 for some time now and I forgot how to get the quality up but still have a small file size.

cjsupra90

previously chris90na-t
Jun 11, 2005
Lakeland, FL
Soon I hope. I dont want to do anything with the turbo manifolds even though those are cakewalk cause of not knowing how far forward the turbos have to sit and if I can or have to turn them because of DP location

cjsupra90

previously chris90na-t
Jun 11, 2005
Lakeland, FL
ah, depends. that manifold is draw'n with a Supra CT flange, but could probably do either a T25 style for use with a GT28 or a T3 also

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
depending on what bellhousing adaptor (or custom bellhousing) you can run any transmission. people have bolted them up to w58s r154s and v160s and put them in supras. they make adaptors to bolt them to virtually anything. cj has his bolted to a w58, and if i do it it will be bolted to an r154

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
true, but have you seen the price of the v160s and the v160 adapting hardware? ill use what is in my car, instead of worrying about $ of the tranny and the price of a custom ds, along with the fact that the 373 gears are STILL too tall for the v160.

my r154 will hold what my goals are.