1UZ into my MKIII

cjsupra90

previously chris90na-t
Jun 11, 2005
Lakeland, FL
Supra28;1191543 said:
OMG, 1UZ swaps are sooo0o0o baaaadassss. Can't wait to see this thing completed and boosted. I really hope everything goes as planned SIR! :thumbup:

Its going to remain N/A for a while.... I really wasnt ready to do the swap but the 7M took a shit so I was kinda forced to do it on short notice...

cjsupra90

previously chris90na-t
Jun 11, 2005
Lakeland, FL
Mr.PFloyd;1191856 said:
wtf happened to your bbk and rims. i see those ugly sawblades!

I sold the wheels to Jake (Reign_Maker) a while ago cause I was gonna go with 18's and a bigger BBK possibly... Needless to say, 5Zigen doesn't make them in the offsets that I want so I never bought wheels.. The BBK is still on the car. Amazingly it fits the stockers, just barely but it does.... There is about 1/8" clearance at the tightest spot between the caliper and the wheel... I wish that I never sold the old 5Z's now cause Im gonna end up just buying the same wheels again unless I come across a different 18 that I like and is availible in the width and offset that I want cause I'd like to do the 14" BBK in place of my 13" (ok 12.8") now...

cjsupra90

previously chris90na-t
Jun 11, 2005
Lakeland, FL
gtsfirefighter;1191876 said:
That V8 looks natural in there. Highly anticipating a start up!

Yeah, it does look pretty natural in the bay.... It sould have been an option engine from toyota in my oppinion.

Im hoping to have it running with a base tune by tuesday....

cjsupra90

previously chris90na-t
Jun 11, 2005
Lakeland, FL
Isphius;1191892 said:
+1

This is awesome. Does it bolt to the r154? I would like to do a manual swap on an sc400 :love:

It can be made to.... There are people who are running R154's behind them. I currently am just using a W58... Most likely will change to a TKO or a T56 when I do the TT setup for it......

cjsupra90

previously chris90na-t
Jun 11, 2005
Lakeland, FL
Mr.PFloyd;1191918 said:
wow a bbk that fits under the sawblades? which bbk do you have?

Designed and built it myself... Its 13" C4 vette rotors (HD brake option) turned down to 12.8" and Wilwood 6pot radial mount calipers on custom mounting brackets.... At 13" the stock sawblades go on and turn, but they rub the caliper at 12.8" diameter there is just under 1/8" clearance at the tightest spot.

cjsupra90

previously chris90na-t
Jun 11, 2005
Lakeland, FL
Deffinitly will have some vids......

I just finished up for the night. Didn't get much done today except for the Clutch master cylinder and manual brake conversion... Im not sure yet if I'll bend some new hard lines between the M/C and the proportioning valve or just use some SS Braided lines.... I've got some pics that I'll post up later after I run and grab a bite to eat and get a shower..

cjsupra90

previously chris90na-t
Jun 11, 2005
Lakeland, FL
Well like I said before, I didn't get much done today between being tired, watching some football and having it raining here most of the day just made for a lazy day.

Here are the pics of the Manual brake setup and the adapter for the clutch master cylinder.

Brake pedal hager out to make mods to change the pedal ratio to a more manual brake friendly ratio.
Mocked up and ready to go back in.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Stuff installed.
p1192377_1.jpg

Another of the stuff installed.
p1192377_2.jpg

Still haven't made up my mine whether or not I want to take the time to bend up some new metal hard lines to reconnect to the Proportioning valve or run braided SS lines.

cjsupra90

previously chris90na-t
Jun 11, 2005
Lakeland, FL
Mr.PFloyd;1191856 said:
wtf happened to your bbk and rims. i see those ugly sawblades!

here's a couple of pics showing the caliper to wheel clearance running the BBK in the stock sawblades.. They are about the best that I could get....

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

cjsupra90

previously chris90na-t
Jun 11, 2005
Lakeland, FL
Small update....
Just got back from getting a few needed bits and pieces. I decided to go with SS braided lines from the Brake M/C to the Proportioning valve so I got those and had a P/S Pressure hose made. About to fit that stuff and get started on the rest of the exhaust....

Wiisass

Supramania Contributor
I wouldn't use braided line for the brake system until you get to the wheels. If you need it for a weird section that you can't bend a hardline around, then I guess it could work. But I would still recommend a hardline from the master up to the inside of the fender, then braided lines from the inside of the fender to the wheel. Braided line will flex under pressure and it will be very apparent if you try and use it all the way from the master to the calipers.

cjsupra90

previously chris90na-t
Jun 11, 2005
Lakeland, FL
Wiisass;1194203 said:
I wouldn't use braided line for the brake system until you get to the wheels. If you need it for a weird section that you can't bend a hardline around, then I guess it could work. But I would still recommend a hardline from the master up to the inside of the fender, then braided lines from the inside of the fender to the wheel. Braided line will flex under pressure and it will be very apparent if you try and use it all the way from the master to the calipers.

No, not all the way to the wheels, just two short lines to go from the M/C to the proportioning valve. they are only 15" long. I understand your thought of flex in them but I dont really see it as a problem as much as one might think. I have seen many factory cars using them off the master cylinder in short runs even some pretty high end cars... I think though that later on, I might end up going back and bending new metal lines once the dual M/C setup is done. For right now the braided setup should be fine. We'll see though....