Zangetsu's Bankai: '92 Supra Twin Turbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
They definately have more volume than the twins but the BOV is twice as loud as the turbos or exhaust... I'm not really liking that part. I'm sure the turbos will get louder. 10psi isn't anything.

I don't have a video camera with sound but I'll check if one of my friend's does and see if I can get something for you guys.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Borrow Aarons video camera. He has a good one. I don't know how far from you he lives though. California is a very big place, not that you didn't know that already...............:icon_bigg

The little red box problem could be my security. I have a Prevex, a ZoneAlarm, and a Windows security alert. I don't know crap about either of them, but sometimes I can't view red x's.

roadwarrior87

Jun 14, 2005
socal
looking good joe. I got a hi-8 camera I can use to record a clip for you. oh yeah I saw the wheels you want on rb's site for 1k. get them now!!!

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
setup looks badass indeed, looking forward to seeing some vids

also, with your mines ecu, what is the redline? i havent taken my motor up past 7K yet with the mines, so i was just wantin to get an idea of how high i can go

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
My buddy that is majoring in film comes back from school for the summer today. He has a nice camera and does pretty good film work. I'll borrow him for a bit and get you guys some footage tomorrow hopefully since I have the day off.

As far as the Mine's ECU, if the rev limiter was simply moved up or completely removed, I am not sure. I have had the car to 7500 which is past the stock limiter at ~7250 so I know at the very least the limiter isn't stock. It's probably just completely removed though.

I've put over 200 miles or so on the setup now and the more I drive it the more I like it. More fuel coming soon so I'll have more power coming soon! I'll get a baseline dyno sometime in the next week or two to see where it's at before venturing any further.

daneyan

Banned
Sep 1, 2005
South Florida
hey joe you're still running on the stock pump and stock 1jz injectors right? if so what suze injectors are u looking to upgrade to?

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Yep. stock pump stock injectors which is the reason why I'm only running 10psi currently. I'd estimate it's around 320ish at my current 10psi base boost.

For the time being, I'm only going to upgrade to 440s and a MK4 pump to hit my short term goal. I should be ok here with those upgrades to knock on the door of 400, probably on pump gas even!(we'll see). Maybe an AFC. I'll see how it goes after doing the fuel mods.

Long term goal is around 500 but that will require more parts. Upgrade injectors again, AFPR, stronger clutch, most likely will definately have to do some sort of better engine management, maybe cams. We'll see. 500 by Vegas is my goal. I still have all of July, August, and September to get there.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Good job Joe. I can't wait to see some videos of your car. The turbos will just be a bonus since I love your car soo much.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Thanks Jay. Hopefully, sometime soon my engine bay will look as nice as your's. Mine's still a little rough around the edges but a little elbow grease, some black paint on a few select pieces, black couplers instead of blue, some simple green degreaser, and it'll be looking good. But for now, the kit is installed, the car runs, and that's what's important.

One step at a time to greatness.:)

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I"ve got alot to do myself, but like you, I'm taking it one step at a time, or as I like to look at it.........one thousand dollars at a time............:biglaugh:

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
I'm trying to not invest TOO much money in this. I'm not gonna cut corners but I'm trying to keep it simple. That's why I have my short term goal which won't break my bank and a long term goal that will require some more money invested...

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
OneJoeZee said:
I talked with Van Diesel about it briefly and he had much more positive things to say about the kit and did not describe it as excessive "ultra lag."

I beg to differ I talked with him today in Chinatown and he said he would've gone with the "t66 ball bearing turbos". I don't know whuich Vin Diesel you been talking to....:rolleyes:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Well he's already got the kit, so I would try to stay positive about it if they were mine. I woiuldn't worry about the lag too much. Most cars that are going to outrun you are going to outrun you even if you have NO lag.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
suprahero said:
Well he's already got the kit, so I would try to stay positive about it if they were mine. I woiuldn't worry about the lag too much. Most cars that are going to outrun you are going to outrun you even if you have NO lag.

I think he was making a fast and furious joke. Notice he said "Vin" Diesel. :]

Craig: yeah. We'll see if I can hit my goal by vegas. 440s are inexpensive and they'll allow me to push some more power from this setup. I'll change to 550s or bigger later.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
AHHHHHH I see said the blind man. I don't know the guy so I didn't know which one of you had his name right. I did notice the sarcastic eyes, but didn't really know what he was talking about. Thankfully it's all in jest because I hate negative people coming into someone else's buildup thread and starting shit.

Highpsi.....when you see Mr. Diesel again, tell him Paul Walker said he was a pussy............:biglaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.