Status
Not open for further replies.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
hottscennessey said:
Some Mothers aluminum polish on those IC pipes will really make them :bling:

What I'm probably going to do is end up having them coated black instead.

I'm not really into the engine bling bling.

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
OneJoeZee said:
What I'm probably going to do is end up having them coated black instead.

I'm not really into the engine bling bling.

Looking good! After the "flack" I've had from my ANCIENT red look... I'm ALSO considering a "stealthy" black throughout the engine bay...

-crisp

Van Diesel

Powered by vino
Dec 12, 2006
El Paso, Texas
ha. Told you that they weren't "laggy". Now to get cams. The twin turbo setup really likes cams. Get some 550cc's to get to the 500 HP club.

Now there are two of us with this same kit.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
I got my DP extended today. Wow, the car is so much quieter. I started the car and thought I had a stock exhaust on. Also, the tone changed drastically. It's not as much of a high pitched scream anymore. It sounds a lot closer to a single turbo 2J. Really low rumble.

The power is VERY deceptive. It's not very fast YET at 10psi base boost but the pull is so deceiving. It's a little quicker right now at 10psi than my stock twins running 16psi but the power delivery is so different. Stock twins spool up really fast and kick really hard. These Blitz turbos don't have the hard kick response the stock twins have and the power comes on so smooth. Well, at least right now at 10psi it's pretty smooth... I don't know yet how much that will change after I turn the boost up... Probably a lot I bet.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Yeah, man. I wasn't expecting the change in tone and volume it to be so drastic though. I really like that it's so much quieter cruising and partial throttle. I can't even hear the exhaust on the freeway.

Stock twins ftl.:rofl: What was I thinking before. I have seen the light, and it is good.

I'll get a video soon.

Last edited:

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
I wasn't looking down much to be honest. I was watching the road and the cars in front of me coming up kinda fast. I'll check it and see exactly where I'm making boost today. It's still pretty early though.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
^haha.

I fixed a coolant leak this morning before going to work and now have had a chance to drive it a bit more.

This setup is going to be fun with more boost. It's making about .7-.8 bar around 3500 give or take a few hundred rpm. I'm hoping to be able to turn it up around 1bar when I upgrade the injectors soon. At this really low boost, it feels faster than my stock twins at like 15-16psi for sure. It doesn't feel like it at first because it takes more time to spool and get going but it sure does move very nice once it's spooled up... I'm going to drive around a bit more after work to get more comfortable and familiar with the new setup. I've yet to open it up in a higher gear(3rd/4th) to see how it feels up there. We'll see. :)

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Also, I don't really like this Greddy type S the kit came with. The exhaust is so low and rumbly now and the type S is a high pitched and sounds almost like a bird call or something.

I think I'm going to go back to the Blitz SS I used before. I liked that best.

Brewster

So it goes.
Apr 15, 2005
Morgantown, WV
OneJoeZee said:
Also, I don't really like this Greddy type S the kit came with. The exhaust is so low and rumbly now and the type S is a high pitched and sounds almost like a bird call or something.

I think I'm going to go back to the Blitz SS I used before. I liked that best.

your money's no good here. start suckin.

Feb 24, 2006
Los Angeles
those things spool pretty nice... i'm not too familiar with those k26s, but are those ballbearing turbos btw? because compared w/ my setup i sort of miss the stock twins due to the instant spool.... but i totally feel you about how the boost feels way more crazier when its hits compared to the stock turbos...

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
They're not ball bearing.

So far, I don't miss the stock twins at all. I think these turbos will make me tone down my driving habits.:) With CT12s, I can make short burst full boost blasts just about everywhere. With the upgraded twins, I better have some good room in front of me cuz the cars in front start coming up really fast really quick... So it's harder to do those quick WOT full boost blasts that make the stock twins so nice.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I wish I had driven my 1jz with the stock twins before I went single, but I didn't so I'll probably never get to experience the feel of the stock twins. Everyone that rides in my car loves the way it pins them to the seat, but I guess I"m used to it because it doesn't feel like anything special to me. My computer is having a problem with your little red x boxes so I haven't got to see but half of the pictures you've posted of you removing the stock twins and none of the newer pictures. I don't know what the problem is, but it's killing me....................:wtc:

Status
Not open for further replies.