Zangetsu's Bankai: '92 Supra Twin Turbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
csnow said:
Congrats Joe. Nice setup. Now go get some fuel upgrades, a clutch, and some cams!

All in good time. :)

For now I just wanna enjoy driving it. I'll have some 440s soon and then I can turn up the wick a little bit and start seeing a little bit of their potential. The goal is to dyno around 500hp at Vegas. So I'll need some more fuel, a clutch, a little tuning, and cams if I can afford it.

pimptrizkit

thread killer
Dec 22, 2005
vancouver Wa
definitly sick joe, i didn't except such a quick turn around when i first stumbled on this post a few weeks ago,

and definitly didn't expect such a killer looking twin set up

congrats, and get some vid's up!

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
joe modding? no fucking way!

looks nice man...

if you want some cheap cams to help with those turbos and hold power to redline etc.... PM psifactor..she has some 2jz cams machined for the 1j and should help you a bit...i dont think she wants too much for them.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Idealsupra said:
joe modding? no fucking way!

looks nice man...

if you want some cheap cams to help with those turbos and hold power to redline etc.... PM psifactor..she has some 2jz cams machined for the 1j and should help you a bit...i dont think she wants too much for them.

I've always been doing mods. :dunno:

Ian: I'll come up with something for the filter. I'm not sure if it'll be a CAI but I'll figure out something. Right now the IC pipes are running through the snorkel hole that would be perfect for CAI and I don't really wanna redo the IC pipes(for now).

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
That's true. Right now the downpipes and wastegate reroute pipes have heatwrap. Will there be gains to using ceramic coat and heat wrap? or is heat wrap not very helpful at all. The wrap was already there when I got it so I didn't bother taking it off.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
It's smoking a little right now... But I am not sure if it's the turbos or not. All the sets of blown turbos I had smoked really bad at idle. When I first started the car it was smoking at idle but I drove it around the block a little bit and came back and it no longer smokes at idle... A little when revved a bit though.

I didn't drive it hard at all because the open dp is way too loud but I gave it enough to make a little boost and it seems to spool pretty good... I wasn't watching closely but I saw around .5bar in the 3500 range. This wasn't WOT at all either.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
The heat wrap works well but it's UGLY and traps moisture while the car sits so wil rot out mild steel pipes.

Might just be left over crap/oil in the headers/turbos and will take a little while to burn off.

Spool tests will be a bit meaningless with an open DP Joe ;)

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
I'm not too fond of the heat wrap look either but luckily the parts that are wrapped aren't very visible. The easiest things to see are the turbos and the IC pipes so it doesn't bother me that much.

I think you're right about the car just burning off crap in the exhaust path. When my turbos were blown before there was no stopping the smoke at idle.

Yeah, open DP is different but still the setup shouldn't be too bad. Those that I've talked to with the Blitz kit had good things to say about the spool except Eric(ZaZzn) and I'm not sure why his setup was so laggy. The compressor housings are fairly big compared to stock turbos but the turbines are tiny...

Status
Not open for further replies.