Status
Not open for further replies.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
kwnate said:
Shouldn't you be trying to beat a 13.0, or even better 500rwhp???

Hey Joe.
I may never beat your 13.0 but I will definately beat the 500rwhp. That's a promise.

Hey Joe.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
The afternoon before SILV, I swapped in my TT fuel pump. Actually, to my surprise, the fuel pump that was already in the car WAS a MKIV TT fuel pump. But I didn't know that... It wasn't told to me when I bought the car. Oh well. At least I know now.

I installed some 440cc injectors a couple days before. I'll wait to use my 540s later. I need something to tune with them before I throw them in. The car is running like stock with the 440s in it. I ran some race gas in the tank on the way to Vegas and on the way back.

The car is really strong at 1.2 BAR... I'm impressed because I had a few things going wrong with the car on the trip. 2 bolts between the turbo and manifold on the 2nd turbo backed out some. The bolts I have plugging the EGT sensor holes backed out too. The coupler that ripped before ripped again. I figured out that the IC pipe was stretching the coupler. I noticed the IC pipes and engine don't torque exactly the same when revving. So that boost leak didn't help either. And my spark plugs started breaking up in Vegas. All that was killing my response and boost response.

My boost controller isn't quite working right either. I need to figure that out as well.

I did a bunch of pulls and for all those things to be wrong, the car STILL felt strong. I was pretty impressed. Today I changed the plugs today and tightened down the exhaust bolts. For some reason high temp silicone has not sent me my new coupler yet, so I won't really be able to fix the boost leak until then. I need to call them and see what's up. I paid for 2 day air shipping last week and I still have no coupler...

When I get the coupler, I'll throw some more race gas in it and head to the dyno. I'll take some video at that time. A video at .7bar like before or with a boost leak right now won't be very exciting.

So maybe by this weekend I'll be ready to see what this thing puts down.

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
you gonna try to get a black coupler for the one that ripped?

whats the boost controller doing? i just went through hell with mine, ended up peggin 1.8-1.9 bar on pump cuz of it.

at least you have a spare TT pump now, but yours isnt running rich with the mines? i had a big problem with that on mine when i had 440s, even more so with 550s?

and take your time with the vids, dont wanna rush it to get a vid out and have something happen

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Bigzavs said:
you gonna try to get a black coupler for the one that ripped?

whats the boost controller doing? i just went through hell with mine, ended up peggin 1.8-1.9 bar on pump cuz of it.

at least you have a spare TT pump now, but yours isnt running rich with the mines? i had a big problem with that on mine when i had 440s, even more so with 550s?

and take your time with the vids, dont wanna rush it to get a vid out and have something happen

Yeah, the coupler I ordered is black.

Well I changed the switches inside the EVC1 for external wastegates since it was set for internal. But it's not work right. I need to call HKS and see which combination of switches should work for me. It's not a simple internal > external switch. There's a set of 8 switches inside the head unit that have to be turned on or off for the WG setup. It's either not adding boost at all, or boosting without limit.

The car runs just as it did before when I had the 370s. Or at least, I haven't noticed it hesitated or blowing any black smoke or any other signs of a car running too rich. I'll see what happens on the dyno. I didn't wanna throw the 540s in yet because I haven't flow tested them yet and I didnt want the car to run bad without something to compensate for an injector that much larger than 370s.

Big Wang Bandit said:
Air filters?

I'll get to it when I get to it.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
hmmm...

not off the top of my head, but someone has to make em, lemme hunt...

EDIT: nothing in my bookmarks, dunno if they're made... Might be easier to weld a piece of 2" piping to that part, or get a silcone 90 degree reducer...

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
I dont think I need a hump hose. I just need to give that IC pipe more slack. The way I tightened the pipes down, the coupler was being pulled on the entire time even when not revving. Revving just stretched it more.

Status
Not open for further replies.