Zangetsu's Bankai: '92 Supra Twin Turbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
BlackMKIII said:
Just throw some duct tape on that coupler. So a Suprahero repair!

Looks nice though. Damn, I don't even have my 1JZ yet and I'm daydreaming about it... LOL

It will look even better when I replace the dirty blue couplers and clean up the IC pipes a little bit. I am really happy with the way the ceramic coated parts came out. Looks exactly the way I thought it would.

Brian: Thanks. It's no T04Z 2J but it'll do I think.:biglaugh:

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Updated first post with some updated information if anyone cares. :squint:

Hopefully I'll get around to installing the 540s and fuel pump this week or weekend.

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
OneJoeZee said:
Wasn't planning on it.

might as well do it while your down there. easiest time to do it, and mine was just nasty when i changed it out, i couldnt figure out how the car ran with it.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
I just read all 36 pages. Looks amazing! I still need a few vids, though. ;)

That first pic is a real beauty. Makes me want to go clean up mine and get some blinker covers.

Awesome car, Joe. Whatever happened to the asshat that sold you the turbos? Is that classified info at this point?

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
suprarx7nut said:
I just read all 36 pages. Looks amazing! I still need a few vids, though. ;)

That first pic is a real beauty. Makes me want to go clean up mine and get some blinker covers.

Awesome car, Joe. Whatever happened to the asshat that sold you the turbos? Is that classified info at this point?

That whole situation is done. It took a little bit but he finally paid up in full for the rebuilds. I got the turbos back, had the housings and other parts sent out for ceramic coating, got those back, got new oil feed lines, and put everything together(this weekend.) This whole thing took longer than I anticipated but I am much more satisfied now that everything is back on the car in much better shape than when I got the kit. Rebuilt turbos, freshly coated parts, new oil lines. There's a few things left I wanna do, like have the IC piping off the turbos redone and of course get an intake setup done soon. Intake will be done first. I can leave the IC pipes alone for now since they work. They could stand to be cleaned up a bit though. Pictures make that y-pipe off the turbos look cleaner than it is. I'm gonna do some engine detailing this weekend.

I'm gonna go get the correct cable I need for my camera to upload to the computer today so I can get some video for you guys.

The car sounds weird now. The tone is completely different. It's taking a little getting used to.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
buckshotglass said:
Any video yet Joe?
I went to best buy to get a video -> PC cable for my camera and it was 40 bucks!

Hell no! lol. I aint payin 40 bucks for a cable. I'll get my dad to buy it. It's his camera anyway.:biglaugh:

NgoFcukinWay

Formerly Got Boost?
Apr 3, 2005
Houston, Tx
OneJoeZee said:
I went to best buy to get a video -> PC cable for my camera and it was 40 bucks!

Hell no! lol. I aint payin 40 bucks for a cable. I'll get my dad to buy it. It's his camera anyway.:biglaugh:

have you tried ebay? Can't wait to see vids of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.