You know you're a Supra owner when...

N

NDBoost

americanjebus said:
your a supra owner when you refuse to drive the car if it hasn't completely warmed up. Your like me if you always plan 10 extra min to sit in the car and wait for it to warm up and dont give a shit just how pissed the person in the passenger seat is cus they are late for work.

friend jumps in the car and says "quick catch up to him!!!! we gotta beat him to denny's" and i say "stfu, my car isnt warmed up yet"
i used to always do this, i would start the car in the early mornings before work and go finish getting ready. But once the car got rod knock i kinda slacked off, doesnt make sense attempting to prevent whats already happened :(

you know your a supra owner when you buy a parts supra for more then you orgionally paid for YOUR supra, just so you can get a 5spd swap and MINT shadowgrey leather interior..<- owned :(

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
You do realise all this warming up is bad for the motor don't you?

The second it will run enough to drive go for it as it will heat up faster and come of the Cold Start circuit.

The longer it's sitting idling the more chance of washing down the cylinders with a rich mixture the more wear and the greater the chance of fuel diluting the oil.

As long as you don't lay into it until it's fully warmed it'll be fine, another point is you sit and let it warm up and think "hey now I'm good to hammer it" but nothing else is warm from the clutch back.

Trans and Diff and all bearings are still stone cold......

trydrew

Suprafied
Nov 4, 2005
Earth
Yeah lol. Like when your driving down a street at night and you see the familier sight of the box tails and the running lights going by on an adjacent street. Then you follow it, and when you realize youve just been stalking someone for 10 mins, you finally go home... Unless they pull into a gas station. :icon_bigg

L

lanky189

IJ. said:

The second it will run enough to drive go for it as it will heat up faster and come of the Cold Start circuit.

The longer it's sitting idling the more chance of washing down the cylinders with a rich mixture the more wear and the greater the chance of fuel diluting the oil.

As long as you don't lay into it until it's fully warmed it'll be fine, another point is you sit and let it warm up and think "hey now I'm good to hammer it" but nothing else is warm from the clutch back.

Good info IJ, i usually let mine run for a minute or so just to be sure the oil pressure is up and in good shape, after that i baby it until the needle settles in the normal position, and after that...well...all hell breaks loose.

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
IJ. said:

It gets pretty cold sometimes in the winter here(its 5 degrees out right now) and I have to let mine warm up for about 5 minutes in the morning or else it wont shift into 2nd without a fight.

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
^^ It shifts fine once its warmed up for driving it for more than 2 minutes, and its only 2nd gear, think that could still help?

When Mustang owners look at you kinda confused...then laugh and floor it, then are confused again when all they see is taillights.

This just happened to me when a 97 GT almost hit me pulling out of a gas station then followed me onto the highway, he looked pissed judging by his flyby as i was calmly getting off the next exit.

estrellainc

Supra Agent
Dec 26, 2005
mississippi
... you know youre a supra owner when your 2 acre backyard is littered with supras... and you dont get it when your dad says- "you need to water the toyota plants."

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
when you work in the garage all afternoon---and come up at 6 oclock for dinner-time FILTHY! and open your moms new white door, and all she has to say is- "at least you only have one"

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
i got anohter one to---

ok some im sitting here chillen on the computer, and from outside

"VROOOOM VROOOOOOOM"

x2

x3

than finally a fourth time in 15 minutes.....

you get ricer flybied at your HOUSE, maybe it causei took the supra around the neighbor hood again today! (no exhaust)

L

lanky189

s383mmber1 said:
i got anohter one to---

ok some im sitting here chillen on the computer, and from outside

"VROOOOM VROOOOOOOM"

x2

x3

than finally a fourth time in 15 minutes.....

you get ricer flybied at your HOUSE, maybe it causei took the supra around the neighbor hood again today! (no exhaust)
i hate that, they always get me while im under the hood, never when im abuot to pull on to the road.