Would anyone be interested in a TRD shift knob group buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eriol

Mar 31, 2005
Indianapolis
Man, where was this GB 2 years ago? I paid like $90 for mine. :cry:

It is a pretty good knob -- mine isn't showing any wear yet. It doesn't feel quite as nice as the stock knob (it's hard, and doesn't fit in your hand quite like the stock one), but it's plenty nice, and cheaper than the stock knob.

One warning, though -- if you're taking it off and putting it back on over and over (I changed my shift boot to a leather one at the same time, and had to fiddle with it to get it to fit right), the threads will strip pretty easily.

Sorry for the spam, but I thought some of you guys might find the info useful.

Red Dragon

Keep That on the Down Low
Jan 5, 2006
Austin, TX
I'm in if it is confirmed real deal threaded, not plastic one size fits all b.s. and its decently cheaper than I can get from watson at Champion since I don't pay for shipping. (and are we all certain the the real deal TRD ones of late aren't the plastic crap?)

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Sunnyvale, CA
jefflange.ca
It is a pretty good knob -- mine isn't showing any wear yet. It doesn't feel quite as nice as the stock knob (it's hard, and doesn't fit in your hand quite like the stock one), but it's plenty nice, and cheaper than the stock knob.

I never cared for the stock knob, that's why I bought the TRD one. Feels better.

suprajjang

Supra Enthusiast
Mar 30, 2005
VA
damn i got mine for cheap i guess. got it straight from the dealer for $55. i saw the thread you posted on supraforums and got quoted 60 for each

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
Huh. I've used an MoMo leather knob with set screws on my DD for 10 years. It's never come off or even loosened. While waiting for it to ship I used a Jack In The Box antenna ball. Worked OK but the pointy hat was kind of a hassle ;)

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
jetjock said:
Huh. I've used an MoMo leather knob with set screws on my DD for 10 years. It's never come off or even loosened. While waiting for it to ship I used a Jack In The Box antenna ball. Worked OK but the pointy hat was kind of a hassle ;)

:rofl:

JASONA70

nomnomnom
Oct 27, 2006
socal
hey if the price is right im in for one, im using a razo metal shift knob and it gives me blisters sometimes :nono:

Status
Not open for further replies.